Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 18, 2015, 06:13 AM
Allstar

Default Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Star Trek 3-Way SLI ASUS Gaming PC

I'm back in the workshop with another build. This will be a liquid cooled 3-way 980 GTX gaming system for a friend. I'll post photos of the hardware as it arrives to me. The theme will be inspired by Star Trek. I'll be performing some case mods to the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full tower case. I really like this case for it's features.

I'll be hardlining with 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID PETG tubing, Mnpctech offers 24" & 12" pre-cut tubes here, Mnpctech PETG Clear Tubing

PETG Liquid Tube Cutter, PETG & PVC Ratchet Tube Cutter for PC Water Cooling

Silicone Bending Cord for Acrylic or PETG, Silicone Bending Insert for 3/8" ID Rigid Acrylic or PETG Tubing (1/2" OD)

Mnpctech created a full view replacement window panel to show off the hardware in his Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case. It's CNC machined from 3/8" thick 100% cast acrylic.

Remove this Black factory case screw. You will replace it with the included Black Thumb screw included with the panel.

The bottom of the clear panel has groove that mounts over the lip of the Phanteks chassis.

The clear panel is mounted onto the chassis vertically, from the bottom first.

The clear panel includes this custom made lock washer. The raised portion of the washer must be positioned over the clear panel.

Use the included Black Thumb screw and lock washer to fasten in the clear panel.

I like the clean look of this Antec 380 front grill

The very 1st "Ph-antecs" case mod

Shrouding the Phanteks Luxe chassis is really easy....

Just make a cardboard template

Used my template to cut a piece of White opaque acrylic... everything took less than 30 mins... I will use adhesive backed velcro to attached the shroud, so it's easily removed.

Stay Tuned for more soon!

Last edited by Mnpctech; August 21, 2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old August 18, 2015, 08:03 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

This looks like a neat build. I'll be tuned in! Thanks for sharing.

"The very 1st "Ph-antecs" case mod" Nice

Last edited by Lysrin; August 18, 2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old August 18, 2015, 09:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Love the look of that custom nylon washer! That's something that'll stick with me when I looking for ideas. :)

Always look forward to seeing your builds.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM
Old August 18, 2015, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice love the shroud as well as the clear cover :)
do they sell those clear covers and washers?
Old August 19, 2015, 06:24 AM
Allstar

Thanks for watching and posting your comments, Lysrin & sswilson

@Wolfbane, Phanteks Replacement Parts and Case Mods and I just finished the Primo version last week

Will gave me license to adapt whichever Trek genre I wanted. I'm grabbing inspiration with a bit of the original series, cause I want to create an memorial plaque for Nimoy, and maybe the enterprise artwork from next gen, only because theres more higher quality artwork of the ship avail on the net. Next stage for this build was cutting a window in to chassis and shroud. This will be for viewing the Enterprise Warp Drive HD Activity meter. I used a Dremel with cutting wheel to make the first incision, then a Jigsaw with 18 TPI bi-metal cutting blade. The edges were filed before installing Black Edge trim u-channel on the chassis. I may place a Light Blue transparent window over the opening or leave it as is.

Black U-channel Rubber edge trim for finishing window or fan cut-outs, Give holes and windows a professional finish with u-channel.

Old August 19, 2015, 07:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I love the acrylic work and the venting on the front of the case ... and of course swapping out the cheap plastic window for acrylic.

Those three things, even if you did nothing else to this build, would make it awesome. Very clean looking, much better viewing, and awesome air flow.

Old August 19, 2015, 07:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Are you planning on making an acrylic insert that will be below the motherboard? I find those "clean up" the look of a motherboard tray and their ton of holes that they have to have to allow for a variety of motherboards and cable pass through options. Not to mention sort of "show case" the motherboard and wiring and tubing that goes over it.
Old August 20, 2015, 06:39 AM
Allstar

Thanks for tuning in and commenting `47! ....and Right on, I'll use 1/16" acrylic under the MB, and how about somebody starts offering White Cable grommets in White cases...

*Once you start seeing photos of Toys, I've already warped outside of the neutral zone.

I mentioned starting another Star Trek theme project on Twitter and majority of responses suggested adding a Warp Drive. We already committed to using the Koolance RP-450X2 Dual 5.25in Reservoir, so a Warp Drive theme Reservoir didn't make sense. (I promise making one if I ever do a 3rd Star Trek theme PC) My 1st Trek build was for Comic-Con and David Gerrold, I partnered with Mike Okuda, who designed sets for the Next Generation series. The PC case was based on Spock's Tricorder. This Warp Drive from Playmates will serve as our Power and Hard Drive activity meter. I got this set for a song on Craiglist

Old August 20, 2015, 07:43 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

wow! *subscribes*

:)
Old August 20, 2015, 07:54 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Oh boy... this is gonna be fun!