Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2015, 06:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Case swap: Three Hundred to Arc Midi R2

I got an Arc Midi R2 for Christmas to replace my venerable Three Hundred (which served me very well).
Pictures are from my phone, so sorry for the mediocre quality of the photos (I may get out the good camera to update some of the pics).

Three hundred interior before getting taken apart:

Side by side shots before the swap. The arc midi was a little bit larger than I imagined, but very nice.

The Arc Midi before the protective film got removed.

And the end product with everything swapped over to the new case:

Overall I am very happy with the case and the swap. I know I am not even close to having color matching components.

All I did to the case is pull the stock 140mm that was a top exhaust, and move it to fill the second intake on the front. Then I put 2 Noctua 120mm as the top exhaust (they were my intake fans in my three hundred). I am thinking about moving the forward of the Noctua to the floor as an intake...what's your thoughts on better positioning between those locations?

The only issues I ran into was the optical sata cable (the blue one) is a touch on the short side and needs to have no 90 deg bend in it to tidy it, and the individually sleeved cables of the PSU add a lot of bulk that was somewhat difficult to contain (despite the space available behind the MOB in this case). I removed the top hard drive cage to allow for better airflow from the front.

Hopefully I will get some better pictures soon with my real camera.
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old January 10, 2015, 06:25 PM

My System Specs

Take the plastic wrap off the window.

But otherwise it looks good.
Old January 10, 2015, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Take the plastic wrap off the window.

But otherwise it looks good.
Thanks. The plastic is off...the picture was taken just after I took the case out of the box.
Desktop: Arc Midi R2, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb