Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2014, 03:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default H1X2

Couldn't really remove the top panel on my case without unscrewing the rad first, so decided to clean things up by adding a second h1 case to the existing one I have now and moving most of the cooling into the lower case.

This is what I would see once removing the top panel

The board sits horizontally in these case's so access from the top is needed to do any work to the system.
So thought why not add a second case to the house all the cooling ie: rads and res.

So bolted the two cases together and began moving my existing system around.

Since was redoing the systems cooling decided to go with 16mm acrylic tubing this time around at least in the upper case. Used a couple of pass-through fittings to make it to the lower case with the acrylic and used bitspower enhanced HD hard tube fittings for the rest of the upper build.

Bought all the water cooling hardware from Dazmodes including the second case.

Last edited by nasrott; November 26, 2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old November 26, 2014, 03:38 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Next picked up some new tools to work with the case and the acrylic tubing off to home depot to get a dremel, heatgun and some plywood to mount the monsoon mandrels onto.

Hard tubing been kinda avoiding over the years now but figured was time to give it a try, took most of a weekend to get it right and had allot of mistakes and wasted tubing.

Got up Sunday morning and not like the last to bends and redo them idea. Also in my case the length of the tubing left after the bends matters if ya wanna make it to the bottom of the first case. So the last two runs to the case bottom were the hardest to make.

Drilled a couple holes through the case that were in the wrong spot trying to rush things but needed holes to get wiring through later so it worked out anyway.
Old November 26, 2014, 07:50 AM

My System Specs

Nice bends so far.
Old November 26, 2014, 08:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Thx lowfat, took a few try's to get it done. Bottom I transition back to reg tube to make up rest of loop to rads and res/pump.
Old November 26, 2014, 04:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Vid cards I did parallel this time around previously had just a single connection between the two vids.

Being impatient jumped a spare power supply and run just the pump to test the tubing runs and connections.

Am running ice dragon still for the fluid.

Old November 26, 2014, 04:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

After getting most of the system hooked up but still need to redo the cabling and add more fans and come up with something to fill another 8-5.25 bays again. Was hard enough last time.

Old November 26, 2014, 04:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

My fans placed so close to the grills while blowing into the case cause a nasty wind howling sound if I ramp up the speed on the fan controller, still need to sort that out also. Exhausting they are fine but as intakes nasty. Have only had them on rads previously and in push out of the case idea.
Old November 26, 2014, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

knowing the center to center measurements and the gain on the bends would really help limit the wasted piping. I'm sure there's a calculator out there somewhere for this. I know there is for copper.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 27, 2014, 02:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Ya the waisted pipe in my case was bad bends to much heat, bubbles and pipe breaking idea. Did all this bending by eye used no measurements.