Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11, 2014, 02:56 PM
Rookie

Default Optimus Primo

Disclaimer 1: This is my first actual build log so please bear with me. I know starting a build log without a single picture is frowned upon so I will try and get some up ASAP.

Disclaimer 2: Although the reference to Optimus Prime this is NOT a Transformers inspired build. It's my version of a play on words for the "main character" of this build, Mr. Enthoo Primo.

Disclaimer 3: I am in no way experienced with photography and all the photos taken won't be with a DSLR or even a point-and-shoot. Nope they will be taken with my BlackBerry Z30. I will do my best to take good pictures.

A lot of the parts I already have and currently running with in the system. However, I will be doing a full tear down and once all new parts arrive I will begin this build. Below is what I will end up with using my existing parts and new parts when completed.

Hardware List:

Case:
  • Case - Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Case Fans - 4x 140mm Phanteks 140mm

Components:
  • CPU - AMD FX8350
  • Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
  • Memory - 8GB Corsair Dominator GT CMT8GX3M2A1866C9
  • SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB
  • Power Supply - Corsair AX860
  • Power Supply Accessories - Corsair Professional Individually sleeved (Type 3, Generation 2) RED
  • Video Card - EVGA GTX770 Super Clocked (2GB)

Cooling:
  • CPU Waterblock - XSPC Raystorm
  • GPU Waterblock - EK-FC770-GTX-Nickel
  • Reservoir - EK D5 X-RES Top with 204mm Clear Tube
  • Pump - Swiftech MCP655-B
  • Radiator 1 - Phobya GChanger 480mm (Push/Pull)
  • Radiator 1 Fans - 8x 120mm XSPC 1650's
  • Radiator 2 - XSPC RX360 (Push/Pull)
  • Radiator 2 Fans - 6x 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-45's
  • Fittings - Various 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD Matte Black Bitspower Compression Fittings
  • Tubing - 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD DarkSide - Flexible Tube (aka XSPC Clearflex)
  • Coolant - Distilled Water with Dazmode Protect and Feser View Active Dye - Blood Red
Old August 18, 2014, 04:34 PM
Rookie

Update: 08/18/2014

Finally had some time to get working on my rebuild but still waiting for some final parts.

I got started on refinishing the Phobya radiator I purchased from a DazMode forum member. Had scratches on several parts obviously from moving in and out of case(s).

BEFORE:

AFTER:

It's still curing so I've only taken 2 pictures but will taken more once cured.

The fans to go with the radiator. 8 XSPC Xinruilian 1650 I also got from gdesmo.

A few pictures of some other hardware I have planned for the rebuild.

GPU Waterblock - EC-FC770 GTX

Also purchased this "second hand" from Akira749. The moisture in the block is from leak testing.

Corsair Individually Sleeved Cables (Generation 2)

It was really hard to get good pictures of the cables as the sleeving has a bit of a sheen to it and the camera on my Z30 had a hard time focusing because of it.

That's it for now. Should have remaining items by the end of the week and hopefully actually can start the rebuild this weekend.
Old August 24, 2014, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Forgot to post this update here.

Update 08/23/14:

Got pretty much the rest of my parts in. Have started tearing down my current rig.

Few more pictures of the Phobya radiator I painted. Turned out pretty good.

A bunch of pictures of some of the other items for the build.

Old August 24, 2014, 06:47 PM
Rookie

And for fun a few pictures of my original/current setup which I have started tearing down.

That's it for now but more to come soon.