Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2014, 05:31 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
exciting project Akira

very cool case and love the choice of the blue motherboard tray looks Fantastic
Thanks

When I ordered it I wasn't sure but now I really really like the blue touch
Old August 3, 2014, 07:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Small update today

I received my SSD a few days ago. Again I did go with the Samsung EVO since I love them! This time it's a single 500Gb.

Then I received my Darkside RGB LED Strips from Dazmode! I did a few trial run without any pictures sorry. I will do more serious tests and take some pictures soon. So far, I like how some colors/brightness combos turns out.

One last thing, I started brainstorming about the sleeving colors and I need your inputs here....and I mean any inputs bad and good.

The green on the case is awesome but not easy to match... here a shot with some Darkside Sleeving...let me know what do you think. I will also look at stuff from Ensourced, Lutro0 and MDPC but I don't have them in hands yet.

Old August 3, 2014, 07:12 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

On friday I received my second order from CoastAirbrush.

I will have to check the tracking route on the UPS website because I think they made a "detour" in Kabul with my order...

I mean....when the UPS guy gave my the box it was smelling so bad that I knew something did spell in the box.

The result....a nice bump in my Adhereto Quart (but no spill there) and my bottle of RU311 was soooo beaten that it spilled in the little bag it was in with the blue paint...so I must have lost an ounce and the labels on the bottles are wasted (reason why there's a green tape with RU311 written).....I love (NOT!!!!) UPS.

Here's a picture of my new stuff!

Monday I will received my new motherboard since the first one had to be RMA'd and I will also do some other paint test.
Old August 9, 2014, 11:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok time for a little update!

Sorry if it looks like this build is lazy it's just that i'm still "debating" on my choice of watercooling parts and I also wait on some sleeve to arrive to do some test.

First update isn't totally PC related but build related. Since I catch a wierd disease called the "Hanoverfistosis Paintocyclosys" lately, my "doctor" suggest me to buy some tools that could cure this dreadful disease. So last week I ordered a new Iwata airbrush that I should receive this week and on friday I bought an HVLP spray gun...

Also during last week I did contiue to work on my test plate to catch the right colors for the build and also to "learn" how to work with HOK products. This steps is still in progress lollll
On the picture below, the final green is the one on the top left corner and the blue that I might use (not 100% sure where for now) would be the one on the bottom right corner. It match the blue mid wall of the case pretty close!

Now that I received my new motherboard from RMA I had the chance to check it and it work perfectly so it was time to disassemble the board. The 3 red parts will be painted green. On the second picture below I give you an idea of what it should look.

Last update but not the least.....Some Fans!!!!
I'm not 100% sure that it will be those fans but so far it looks like it. They are the Cooler Master JetFlo PWM 120mm fans no LED's. I choose those fans because I want to go PWM since there is not a ton of space in the case to place a fan controller so it might end up being controlled by the motherboard. My other choices would have been the EK-Ascendacy if it would have been ready or an AQ 5-6......all the other choices would mean that I have to deconstruct a bay controller to only keep the PCB and hide it in the PSU chamber. That idea is still on the list but we will see.

So for now I will try those fans and to try them I bought a Swiftech PWM Splitter. I have 2 CPU Fan Headers on the MSI board so one would go to control the pump and the other one for the fans.

That's it for now but don't worry some bigger updates will come soon!
Old August 12, 2014, 10:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok guys mini mini update...

I received some other sleeving samples and I would like to have your opinion here!

I'm also throwing a picture with the JetFlo's in place just for fun ;)

Let me know :)
Old August 13, 2014, 08:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

nice color on the green paracord

goes nicely with the Super case
Old August 17, 2014, 07:46 PM
Rookie

That front panel is amazing!
Old August 17, 2014, 10:07 PM

My System Specs

I have been using on board fan headers to control fans and pumps since 2003. It does a perfect sufficient job as long as the software for your board is ok. Not sure if I have used MSI's fan control software yet.

You need to catch up on your log here.

Last edited by lowfat; August 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old August 18, 2014, 01:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I have been using on board fan headers to control fans and pumps since 2003. It does a perfect sufficient job as long as the software for your board is ok. Not sure if I have used MSI's fan control software yet.

You need to catch on on your log here.
lollll don't worry I will catch on

I just need some updates to share which I don't have for now.

EDIT : In fact, i miss the update below that i post this morning in the other places.

Last edited by akira749; August 18, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old August 18, 2014, 02:06 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok i'm throw some sleeving patterns at you guys!

Just tell me what do you like. On each pictures there's a different 24-pin pattern and a different 8-pin pattern....so you can like for example the 24-pin of pattern "A" but the 8-pin in pattern "C".

Pattern A

Pattern B

Pattern C

Thanks!