Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2014, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Procyon Going Liquid

Just waiting on some Corsair SP Fans to install the upper 360 Rad (push / pull), lower 360 Rad is sort of push / pull, went with 5 of 6 Noctua NF F Series.....left one out on the end to make it a little easier with my plumbing.
The short length between my lower Rad and GPU Bridge was a bit of a bugger as they didnt line up perfectly....hopefully not too much side pull on those Rotary 90's.

So, get my 6 Noctuas, install upper Rad (now re-thinking whether I really need the additional 140mm Rad top / back), figure 2 x 360's push / pull should be adequate for CPU and SLi 780Ti's ?

Really like the EK Full Blocks....very simple to take apart the stock air cooler from the PCB and yes, I put all the original screws back in the air cooler ....the SLi Terminal Bridge makes them very rigid....friggin tiny O Rings in there...potential to over-tighten is huge I would think.

Anyhow....once I get the Rad up top installed, a couple of more tube runs and ready to leak test it....not till next week though

Old April 18, 2014, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

UV light to kill bugs in liquid I like it
Old April 18, 2014, 02:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Couple of regrets.....was so intent and purchasing and getting going I should have researched Rad types before purchasing the Swiftech XP's....lower FPI is what I'd rather have fr lower speed High Pressure Fans..too late now, not buying anymore gear!!!
Do you guys think it would make a big difference using 6 SP Corsairs up top vs 6 AF Corsairs up top....the SP's are there both the same RPM, but I think I'll be ale to run the SP's at a lower speed in push / pull vs the AF's in push / pull.....hence quieter.....I'm hoping to run all the Fans in my Rig at around 50%....I know this will be extremely quiet.
I do have 6 AF Corsair Fans I could use but expecting 6 SP's to be delivered on Tuesday....

What are your thoughts on adding another 140mm Rad to the back / upper....necessary or no ?!....At this point I'd rather not....

Old April 26, 2014, 02:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You are fine with what you have. You can keep the rads too. I wouldn't use the Corsair fans if you want a quiet environment.

Also, no need for another rad since 2 x 360 is more than enough.