Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2014, 11:21 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartner View Post
As far as your routing is concerned, best practice is to try to put the components you are trying to cool directly after the radiator so that the components receive the coolest coolant. Specifically, I'm looking at the rad > pump > GPU bit, if you can manage to go pump > rad > device you would be better off. Easily done by reversing your flow direction.

Most of the heat generated by the pump goes right into the coolant - about 34W for that pump.
I think I can reverse the direction of flow but it will be very tight between the drain and side panel.
Old February 15, 2014, 08:26 AM
Trial Member

Did you face any issue with Seasonic X-850 and this configuration? is it enough if I would like to build the same configuration?
Did you have the chance to check how many wattage in real is used by a kilometer?
Old February 15, 2014, 08:39 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissag View Post
Did you face any issue with Seasonic X-850 and this configuration? is it enough if I would like to build the same configuration?
Did you have the chance to check how many wattage in real is used by a kilometer?
I did not face any issues with the Seasonic X-850. I was running Prime95 and FurMark at the same time and had no problems. In my opinion, it will be enough if you build the same configuration.

No, I did not check the wattage the system was using with KiloMeter. But another review site measured it and it was 770W, if I remember correctly.
Old February 15, 2014, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

You don't need to worry about the direction of flow and order of components. It's been long proven that coolant moves through a loop so fast that there are only nominal temperature differences based on component order. Do what makes the loop look best to you.
Old February 15, 2014, 04:28 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by concinnity View Post
You don't need to worry about the direction of flow and order of components. It's been long proven that coolant moves through a loop so fast that there are only nominal temperature differences based on component order. Do what makes the loop look best to you.
This guy speaks the truth, I laugh when people try and "optimize" coolant through blocks.

Old February 15, 2014, 10:06 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
C chips are at least with 1155 chips have better heat and voltage characteristics than A with good fore heat and B witch that are good fore volts generally speaking. C tend to be the best of both,
My 4670k is a C384 and seems to be pretty decent so far.
Its at 4.4ghz 1.16v and I haven't really tried pushing it any higher yet.
My H110 keeps it around 72-78C across all cores with a 20c ambient room.

It's actually top mounted in my Air 540 pushing case air up through the radiator so I could probably drop temps a bit if it was drawing fresh room air through the rad.

Anyways this looks like a fun build and I'd love to be able to build a custom loop in the future.
From all I've read about it I wouldn't worry too much about optimizing flow between that pump,rad and gpu section, it looks solid and you do have a rad between the GPUs and CPU.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 290x cards with the blocks mounted!
Myself I'm just planning on finding a cheap closed loop system like the H55 on clearance at Canada Computers and modding it to fit on my GTX 670.

I too have a D series case here that I am supposed to build something into over the next month and I have to wait until next month to be able to say more!
Old February 17, 2014, 03:25 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by concinnity View Post
I did some measurements before my vacation and it turns out the pump with the drain will not fit if I reverse flow. I also think that my proposed tube routing looks best. So, I will route the tubing as I originally proposed.