Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2014, 09:26 AM
MVP

Been a while since I've done any loops but flipping the front rad would give get rid of that long stretch across the btm.

Old January 27, 2014, 09:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
Been a while since I've done any loops but flipping the front rad would give get rid of that long stretch across the btm.

Ya, I had be discussing this on hardforums. It's an alternative I haven't dismissed.

Question is where to run the drain. I was thinking of running a Koolance QD from pump to lower GPU, but I don't think you can drain from the QD itself.
Old January 27, 2014, 09:57 AM
MVP

well the q/d is a compression adapter I suppose you could unscrew it after disconnecting.

Is there no alternate inlet on the pump you could run a hose off?
Old January 27, 2014, 10:08 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
well the q/d is a compression adapter I suppose you could unscrew it after disconnecting.

Is there no alternate inlet on the pump you could run a hose off?
I just realized I couldn't run the QD the way I wanted to. Here is how I drew it up.

I would need a Female threaded QD for the GPU compression fitting and a barbed QD for the tube.

Dazmode doesn't carry a QD barb for 3/8 tubing unless 7/16 will work.

Either way I can't drain from a QD fitting anyways right?

The yellow arrow is the other inlet, but the reservoir will be in the way to run a tube. It would really looks messy if I ran one from there anyways.

Maybe I could run a 3-way rotary fitting off the bottom left gpu port for a drain.

Last edited by JoeOnePack; January 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old January 27, 2014, 01:58 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Actually a QD makes a really nice drain port in my experience, it's what I did on my last system build and it worked quite well. Just buy a mating QD and put a length of tubing on it so that you drain cleanly out to a bucket our whatever you want. You'll need to let air into the loop somewhere to break the airlock though. I just did it by opening the fill port on my reservoir at the top, but looks like you are using that port in your loop?
Old January 27, 2014, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

IMHO would parallel the GPU's and rest of loop in series

Note: keep lengths same from "Y" for both to waterblocks

also the front rad have the in/out on top for ez of bleeding

if was me i'd separate rez from pump and have it on top (highest point of loop) of case

for to keep top rad from being a air trap
Attached Images

Old January 28, 2014, 07:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
IMHO would parallel the GPU's and rest of loop in series

Note: keep lengths same from "Y" for both to waterblocks

also the front rad have the in/out on top for ez of bleeding

if was me i'd separate rez from pump and have it on top (highest point of loop) of case

for to keep top rad from being a air trap
Thank you for the input Captain as confused as I now am. :D

I don't know how I would get the reservoir above the top radiator unless it was outside of the case. I definitely want to keep things within the case. :D

Running a y connector to both GPU's is interesting and running them in parallel was my original intent, I don't know if it's quite necessary from all the reading I have done. At worst I am looking at a couple degree different from GPU to GPU.

I've decided to run the front radiator upside with the help of Aviduser's drawing. (I wish I could draw so good). I drew a slight alternative and was looking for input.

Here are the two drawings.

OR

Old January 28, 2014, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

PUMP>1gpu's>top rad>chipset>CPU>front rad>rez
Old February 24, 2014, 11:35 AM
Trial Member

How did you mount the 360 radiator in the top?

I put mine in last night and it's not exactly a work of art.
Old February 24, 2014, 03:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, the front rad would spin it around or it will be a biatch to get the air out later, if at all? Was in a mountain mod case previously and had a hell of a time with air on a rad with the inlet/outlet on the bottom. In a 900d now with 2-360's top and bottom. Even on the bottom rad I go in at bottom out on the top of the rad with the rad on its side. Your loop order is whatever looks best, I leave one rad- cpu- rad- vid's- res/pump- first rad again.

I see Kap already mentioned the front rad...

Last edited by nasrott; February 24, 2014 at 04:20 PM.