Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 28, 2013, 05:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Been looking up more stuff, which is a hobby in itself! haha.

Talked to Daz about some stuff I need and also getting an order ready from Frozencpu to get setup with the new Monsoon Hardline Kit. This week I get to put out a couple orders. I need to get in touch with Mayhems to see if I can talk to them about a custom coolant colour that I'm pretty sure I can't mix into the supernova fluid.

Talking to a couple members here to see if I can outsource some custom work to people who are awesome at particular things. Contacted Bill also about a couple of custom grills. We shall see what happens.
Old December 28, 2013, 05:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Just got some horrible news.

Quote:
Sadly Caselabs cannot justify offering White cases any longer:

After much debating we have decided to officially cancel the white finish from our case lines frown.gif

We will continue to offer it as an option until January 12th 2014, and it will be available for accessories/parts for AT LEAST a year if not longer.

This decision was not made lightly. Here is why:

The demand is too infrequent to justify it as an option

Because we do not have finished stock, the white required us to have too many change overs in the paint line. Even for something as simple as a small parts order, we would need to spend 20 or more minutes changing the paint line for a small run of white parts. Then another 20 minutes is spent to change it back to black after we were done

We run multiple paint booths, but when white is being done, all remaining booths must shut down because of cross contamination. I doubt anyone would want a "salt and pepper" CL case
I had for sure chosen the Caselabs mercury S3 case for Calico and was going to probably get the STH10 for Apollo. Looks like I'll have to reconsider these as I'm not skilled enough to do a professional paint job on this, nor do I have any use for a grey or black case and I'm not paying hundreds for a paint shop to paint my case. Looks like It's back to the drawing board in terms of cases.
Old December 28, 2013, 06:33 PM

My System Specs

Maybe see about getting one w/o a powdercoat job then get it done locally.
Old December 28, 2013, 10:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think I've got it figured out, At least for Calico anyways. I was talking to Jim at Caselabs and did some rearranging and re-planning.

The local shop here (half hour away..) is expensive and for what I'd like to get done it would probably cost me another $400 for powder coating. ($60/piece + Setup fee)
Old December 28, 2013, 10:27 PM

My System Specs

Really? That is ridiculous. A case costs me between $75 and $200 here spending on how many pieces I break it down in to.
Old January 3, 2014, 02:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ordered the Mercury S3 for Calico today. Once that arrives we'll be all set to get started on this. Accent paint should be getting purchased this weekend also.
Old January 3, 2014, 03:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

That powder coating place is way too expensive. I got mine done for $100 plus tax. And even the big companies that make stuff for cars and what not would have charged me $150 max. So you are better off painting it yourself.
Old January 20, 2014, 07:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well, Time for an update! Case is coming Wednesday from California. Caselabs Mercury S3 with Pedestal! Matte white version.

Here is some other stuff that has arrived this week.

Intel i7 4930K ( For Apollo )
Asus Maximus VI Impact ( For Calico )
Intel 530 240GB SSD ( For Calico )

I've also been doing a little bit of painting, Radiators mostly. I'm going to leave that for another update once I get them completed.

Edit: I also got an OEM copy of windows 8.1 ~ not sure yet how I feel about it but going to give it a chance. Can always toss it and re-install 7 if need be.
Attached Images

Old January 22, 2014, 03:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Box just arrived from fedex! Strange thing is I didnt have to pay tax or duty on this. $57 shipped from caselabs in California
Attached Images