Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19, 2013, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Going to be nice when they are done. Appreciate the additional info you put in post 1 to make it a WIP. I will follow. Keep us up to date as they progress.
Old December 19, 2013, 09:31 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Going to be nice when they are done. Appreciate the additional info you put in post 1 to make it a WIP. I will follow. Keep us up to date as they progress.
Thanks!

I've taken a look and thought about it last night and I'm going to go with the Caselabs Mercury S3. I'm going to do some thinking and looking to decide if I'll need the pedestal or not, I'm hoping not. Glad to see NCIX has these for sale in a configuration that will work for me.

Old December 19, 2013, 02:55 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Monstrous stuff you are making here. I am subbed and I can't wait to see the project take off.
Old December 20, 2013, 09:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well, That was pretty quick considering they say upto 6 weeks to ship.

The 4930k for Apollo has arrived to my american address. Just waiting on the 4770k to arrive now.

I'm still toying with ideas for cases for both rigs, I'm still pretty sure It'll be the Mercury S3 for Calico but where do I want to mount the rad? I can do 240 in the front pretty easy and then have 3 windows. or I could put it in the top and use a bay res. Tough choices.
Attached Images

Last edited by Birk; December 20, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old December 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice. Now I wish I didn't turn down the offer from my friend and went ahead and grabbed the 4930K and a board. Nice nails and hands, sir/maam!
Old December 20, 2013, 02:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Nice. Now I wish I didn't turn down the offer from my friend and went ahead and grabbed the 4930K and a board. Nice nails and hands, sir/maam!

Haha yea, the 4930 sold out pretty quick or else I might have gotten 2, Happy enough to have the 4770k for an MITX build instead of two 2011's though now that all is said and done.

Those would be the fiancee's hands, That would be american address, She lives in NY with my 17 month old son.
Old December 20, 2013, 02:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
Haha yea, the 4930 sold out pretty quick or else I might have gotten 2, Happy enough to have the 4770k for an MITX build instead of two 2011's though now that all is said and done.

Those would be the fiancee's hands, That would be american address, She lives in NY with my 17 month old son.
I see. The 4770K is indeed more than enough for the mITX nuild. Thanks for clearing that up, the hands that is.
Old December 20, 2013, 02:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm thinking I might actually attempt some cable sleeving for one or both of these builds. I've watched quite a few videos on it. For Calico build being M-itx If I decide to do this I might even just make custom lengths as the PSU sits in a great spot for it. Time to look at the equipment I'll need for that.
Old December 20, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
I'm thinking I might actually attempt some cable sleeving for one or both of these builds. I've watched quite a few videos on it. For Calico build being M-itx If I decide to do this I might even just make custom lengths as the PSU sits in a great spot for it. Time to look at the equipment I'll need for that.
RIP Birk's fingers. Be prepared for a few weeks of finger pain. In the end though, it's so worth it.

Looking forward to these two rigs and their completion. If you do end up sleeving and end up finding out near the end that you're missing a few inches of heatshrink or something, let me know and I've got some spare from MDPC-X you could grab off of me instead of making another order.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old December 22, 2013, 03:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've been putting a lot of thought into these builds. Especially Calico since that is the primary build of the two since it's for work.

I think I've got a pretty cool idea for color schemes for these. I'll leave that a bit of a mystery for now.

I need to look to see my options for sleeving colors.

Need some opinions though as far as Calico is concerned. With the Mercury S3 goes. I want the 3 sides windows. That leaves me space for just a 120.2 rad in the front in push pull. I'm aware this is quite limited for a full loop with ram/board/Cpu/gpu. So here is my question. I think I already know what to do but want to see what you guys think.

I could either put another 120.1 in the loop and keep the build small.
Or
I could get the pedestal and put in 2 120.2 rads in the bottom and forget the 120.2 in the front of the case.
Or
I could get the pedestal and put in the 2 120.2 and also keep the 120.2 in the front.

First hardware purchase will be January 2nd and then we can get started!