Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2013, 05:58 PM
Rookie

Default Antec 902 Dual Rad & 250ml res Mod

Hey guys I cannot believe I haven't bee to this site before its awesome and filled with fellow CANADIANS!!

anyways I have a few things to add like a fill port but my project is complete for now and playing BF4 like a boss ;)

Hey guys I'm done my client build into an Antec 902 case with a dual radiator mod and big window mod. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Methodology
This is another reactor build with an antec dual front radiator mod in push-pull config. My previous build was in an original antac 900 with a dual and single radiator and an external 250ml Frozen-Q reservoir. (Build Log - Core Reactor)

I love the looks of the antec cases, and for their time they were MASSIVE! now-a-days they are on the smaller size and give almost no cable management.

This build will encompass a haswell CPU with the dual radiator mod and I will place the 250ml inside the case! There is enough room with planning and measurements in this case, with a big window mod. to see it all.

Goals & Reasoning
This will be a second client build, I am selling this once it is finished in hopes to build my ultimate "gold and Black" build. This build will be using the remaining parts that didnt go into Client build 1 (build log - from rags to riches).
Parts List
  • Case - Antec 902
  • Motherboard - Asus Z87- A
  • CPU - Haswell Intel 4670K 3.8Ghz
  • RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2100mhz
  • HDD 1 -128GB SSD Kingston Hyper-X 3k
  • HDD 2 - 3TB WD 6g/s Sata drive
  • Graphics - Radeon 7970 Black OC Edition
  • Power Supply - Silent Pro M2 850W COOLER MASTER Elite
Cooling
  • CPU Block - XSPC Raystorm
  • GPU Block - XSPC Razor 7970 Water Block
  • Radiator - XSPC EX240 Crossflow Radiator (Push Pull config)
  • Reservoir - Frozen-Q 250ml Blue T-Virus
  • Pump - DDC 3.1 Quiet pump + Acrylic multi port top
  • Thermal Paste - Arctic silver 5
  • Fans - 5 x Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED SickleFlow 2000 RPM
  • Tubing - Feser Tube Hose - 3/8" ID - 1/2" OD - CLEAR/UV BLUE
  • Drain Port - Koolance QD3 Female Quick Disconnect No-Spill
  • Fittings - All BitsPower fittings
  • Lighting - 12" UV Cathode + 2M - White Led strip

Case Mods
  • Side Panel - Big Window Mod
  • HDD Cage - Dual Radiator Mod Push - Pull Config

Reanimation video log part 1 of 2

Reanimation video log part 2 of 2

Please Watch the videos if you have time to see how I did it all, and please comment. This is my best build however its not Ideal and my next one will be with custom cables, delidding, acrylic tubing and a lot more rads ;) wish I had a better camera but It looks great, everything went to plan and is solid as a rock! lots of measuring and planning with dremel and fabrications :)
Old December 10, 2013, 06:01 PM

My System Specs

Recognize you from OCN. Welcome.
Old December 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Recognize you from OCN. Welcome.
LOL yeah I didn't realize we had our own little nook of the market going here and some really cool builds and pics, its like finding a new resource for sweet pics and ideas :)

now if only someone knows how to get a 780Ti at a USD $$$ price tag not Canadian LOL

P.S. LOVE you little Canadian waving guy LOL (oh hi!!)
Old December 13, 2013, 10:52 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Welcome to Hardware Canucks Darwing. Nice build you have there. Looking forward to more builds from you.
Old December 13, 2013, 04:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I love those double helix reservoirs! Nice work Darwing and welcome!
Old December 13, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Beautiful build. Welcome to HWC!
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old December 13, 2013, 10:43 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the warm welcome, Id expect nothing less from my fellow Canadians :) I really am proud to be a Canadian :)

Hey guys I just put the finishing touches on my antec mod in a video series. The first two are a little armature but the last two in the series are a lot more professional as I get the hang of it. Please let me know what you think :)

Reanimation Build Log
Reanimation part 1 of 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Mhvnu45so

Reanimation part 2 of 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcpKl0ISmNw

Reanimation Fill Port part 3 of 4 - planning fill port and disassembly
Client Build #2 - Pt. 3 - Fill Port Mod, Fan reconfiguration and rearrangement - YouTube

Reanimation Fill Port part 4 of 4 - Filling the loop and finished product (uploading now)
Client Build #2 - Pt. 4 - Filling the loop, checking for leaks, final product - YouTube
Old December 14, 2013, 10:01 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the warm welcome fellow Canadians! I'd expect nothing less then the comfort of other cold Canadians :)

Hey guys I just put the finishing touches on my antec mod in a video series. The first two are a little armature but the last two in the series are a lot more professional as I get the hang of it. Please let me know what you think :)

Reanimation Build Log

Reanimation part 1 of 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Mhvnu45so

Reanimation part 2 of 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcpKl0ISmNw

Reanimation Part 3 of 4 Fill Port part 1 - planning and disassembly

Client Build #2 - Pt. 3 - Fill Port Mod, Fan reconfiguration and rearrangement - YouTube

Reanimation part 3 of 4 Fill Port part 2 - Filling the loop and finished product

http://youtu.be/CmleM61jup4

Let me know what you think :)
Old December 16, 2013, 12:50 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :) I'm glad you like it I finished up the final process this weekend installing a fill port and reversing the air flow so there is a positive pressure inside the case, as well as fan filters. This was very difficult working in such a tight space with the connection for the pump, rad and res all in such a small area.

As well not having every possible fitting to keep testing sizes and locations becomes a difficult task. each fitting is $17.99 + tax and shipping!!! so yea you have top plan very well and not waste any excess fittings and stuff.

Already starting on two new builds :) I'll keep you posted ;0