Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2014, 12:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It does. I got the transplant done, new tubing in, put the fan grill in and put a light in yesterday. I'll take some photos tonight.
Old January 6, 2014, 05:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Not a lot happened over Christmas, other than playing some BF4. And thinking to myself "Ivy Bridge is so last gen, the Cube needs to be more cutting edge!"

Sugar Cube, meet Haswell.

<image snip>

NCIX had a smoking deal on that mobo on Boxing Day, $140 off plus another $50 via rebate. Almost free, right?

Tomorrow is painting the dining room, but tomorrow night or Sunday there's some work going on in the Cube. Drain the loop, change the fittings on the rad, swap out the mobo and CPU, cut new tubing and reassemble. I've got a fresh bottle of Mayhems ready to go in, and then I'm down to lighting and sleeving.
Does that work on your better half? I've tried it a few times on mine with little success.... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 6, 2014, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:

Ya, gloss white shows every defect. Like I said, lots left to do on the paint but I wanted to get an idea of how the white looked before I spent another bunch of hours sanding and painting.

The only piece that looks almost done is the side panel. The steel took the lacquer very well.
I hear ya man... yeesh. White shows everything else so nice but shows everything ya don't wanna see either hehe.

Mine didn't turn out perfect either but its a lot better than what it was.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old January 6, 2014, 05:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Does that work on your better half? I've tried it a few times on mine with little success.... ;)
Nope. But my computer parts come out of my fun money allowance, her purse addiction comes out of hers.

Here's a shot with the new mobo in. This is without a flash, I have a 12" LED stick in there on top of the rad.

The fan grill fits, barely. The plexi window is actually touching it when the panel is on. I'm going to take the screws out and paint them white the next time I'm painting something. So now I'm down to sleeving. And deciding whether to put the R9 280X in there, but I'm waiting to see what Mantle does.
Old January 9, 2014, 07:25 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That fan cover is awesome
Old January 10, 2014, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The important question here is...

If you light the case from the inside, will it cast a HWC shadow on the wall?
Old January 10, 2014, 01:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Funny you should ask, I was looking at the shadow cast on the wall last night. Because it's an LED light stick with about 20 LEDs in it across 12 inches, it doesn't cast a crisp shadow. You'd need a tighter grouping on the LED's or a single point source light.
Old January 10, 2014, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Blinding white 5 Led Fan on max volts.
Old January 10, 2014, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Funny you should ask, I was looking at the shadow cast on the wall last night. Because it's an LED light stick with about 20 LEDs in it across 12 inches, it doesn't cast a crisp shadow. You'd need a tighter grouping on the LED's or a single point source light.
Bummer. Although you would at least be able to see the logo when looking directly at the fan. And the spinning fan blades should cut down the glare from the light a bit.