Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2013, 12:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Yes, the pump/res is now solidly attached to one of the fan mounts. A couple hours of use didn't give me any noticeable buzzing. I agree that I would have had to use some gel stuff or something on the mesh mount. That works for reservoirs no problem, but I haven't run a pump attached there before. If I had a 6-32 tap (and was keeping the case in the upright orientation), I'd actually have preferred to try to mount it to the mobo tray.
Dr. Scholl's? :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 20, 2013, 12:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Lookken good with that orientation.

My desk realesstate is smaller than yours an much more cluttered.
You'll notice that shot doesn't show the top shelf. I'm missing my big table top desk 30x72". I had room for my computer, steering wheel and joystick on it and still had room to assemble another computer at the same time. You'll can see from the parts shots I'm working off the bed in the spare room right now. It's not doing it for me, at all.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Dr. Scholl's? :)
Ha! No, Petra's Gel Stuff. I bought a couple of squares before he sold his business.
Old November 20, 2013, 12:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yea I do really like that as a horizontal case.
Old November 20, 2013, 04:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wow, I am liking this build. That case has a lot of potential. Subbed sir!
Old November 24, 2013, 10:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Not a whole lot of action this week. My Monsoon fittings should arrive tomorrow along with some more Mayhem's, but I won't drain the loop and change the rad fittings until I'm ready for painting.

Speaking of which, I decided to see how easy it was to take the mesh out of the panels.

Turns out it's pretty easy. 4 screws and some fingertip prying on the clips and out it came. So I think I'll leave the mesh black and see how it looks against the white case fronts. It should make it stand out and I think the contrast would look pretty neat. I can always paint it white later if I don't like it.

After some deliberation, I've just about decided to mount feet on the bottom of the case by attaching them to the frame. This will mean that the former side panel will not fit back on the case. Perhaps I'll pick up some modders mesh and use that as a case bottom, not that it would hurt anything to leave it open.

Funny story, my wife just came by my desk and said, what's that big thing, it's huge! She was talking about the Carbide 540, of course. And then she accused me of getting a new monitor, too. I showed her how big the Raven 2 is that's now sitting across the room, the 540 seems smaller to me? It's probably because the Raven always sat under my desk and wasn't really visible.
Old November 25, 2013, 01:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Very cool, I have something to think about vs the HAF XB now. It also seems like 80% of you guys custom water cool. So if I get into a pickle I'll know where to ask.
Old November 25, 2013, 02:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post
Very cool, I have something to think about vs the HAF XB now. It also seems like 80% of you guys custom water cool. So if I get into a pickle I'll know where to ask.
Only the cool kids.

But yea there is a ton of liquid knowledge on this site for sure.
Old December 4, 2013, 09:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Got some goodies today!

Thanks Bill, Father Fuzzy, and Deepsurplus!

I didn't like the looks of the chrome screws I had in the rad fans, they were the only chrome screws in the whole case:

And now they're gone!

The feet will get mounted tomorrow, I hope. The fan grill is going on the inside of the back 140mm fan after it gets powdercoated white. So now I'm to the no more excuses stage, it's time to take the parts off and do some painting.

You know, this case would look pretty cool with the front grill left off and 3 of the HWC black grills on there instead. But I'll leave that for someone else to try.
Old December 5, 2013, 09:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice batch of goodies sugarJ

supercool grill
Old December 5, 2013, 01:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Seeing those AP15s make me wish I kept mine and added more of them. I can't wait to see how the whole thing turns out.