Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2013, 10:58 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Lightbulb Guitar Case ( Computer Build )

A while ago i had an idea of building a computer inside a guitar. Now i thought this was a brilliant idea, so i did a quick Google and discovered that a small handful of others had obviously also thought so as i found several (Guitar Case) builds on various forums. So i went to work and purchased a cheap guitar that i could use to have my own attempt at this. It’s at this point that i excitedly explained my new found little project to my Girlfriend. Although she was trying her best to remain supportive in a time that it appeared i was one sandwich away from being a picnic it wasn’t long before i could tell what she thought of my idea.. Feeling slightly silly and childish the guitar remained in the corner of my room for multiple months until now! I have finally decided to take the plunge and fulfill my desires. so the other day i grabbed the jigsaw from the shed and skived off to my room "getting some worried and strange looks from the flat mates as i attempted to stay unnoticed in fear of being asked what i was doing with a jigsaw in my room". I hacked my way into the guitar and began the quest to build a cool computer case and to prove that sometimes little ideas can turn out rather amazing…maybe.
Attached Images

Old October 4, 2013, 12:21 PM
Top Prospect

This is really a cool idea, I'd like to see where the ends up. You going to have the strings re-attached so that it could hypothetically be played? hahaha

Guitar stand may be solid purchase idea aswell.
Old October 4, 2013, 01:43 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericllama View Post
This is really a cool idea, I'd like to see where the ends up. You going to have the strings re-attached so that it could hypothetically be played? hahaha

Guitar stand may be solid purchase idea aswell.

Yea the strings will absolutely be reattached and the possibility of attempting to play it will be there haha, also yes i have a guitar stand so it can be aesthetically pleasing in a room or whatever
Old October 4, 2013, 08:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Cool idea

and welcome to HWC
Old October 4, 2013, 10:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks man
Old October 6, 2013, 09:52 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Update

Here are some more details on what iv done and what i am thinking of doing, if you have any ideas on what i could add or do to this project please let me know.. any feedback is welcome

As you can see its going to be a tight fit and the depth of the guitar is not going to allow me to add a graphics card of any kind "yes not even a low profile one. " I plan on using a usb wireless adapter that i found lying around which is handy however im just not sure on how ill mount it.. ether internally using a internal usb motherboard header or just leave it as an add on plugged directly into the rear IO usb... Thoughts on this people??

I have a PSU extention lead "seen in pics" that i will mount at the bottom of the guitar next to the Motherboard IO area because the PSU power input has ended up being internal as it was about the only way i could make this work.

I have a 2.5 HDD and i think i will just mount this with some double sided sticky velcro in the general area seen in the picture. and yes i will do some nice neat cable management for the final product.

At this stage everything looks pretty rugged and i understand that haha, when i have finished the main structural work i plan to tidy the edges up. for instance the IO area i plan on sanding back the rough edges and giving it a matt black spray finish or maybe a stick on vinyl type finish just in the IO and around the edges as a sort of trim also around the back of the guitar cutout to tidy things up. "if that makes any sense at all to you that's good "
Attached Images

Last edited by AJ-Taylor; October 6, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old December 17, 2013, 02:33 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Wow this is a very interesting mod.
Old December 17, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very original! Please stick a smoke detector to the back
Old January 1, 2014, 04:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Sorry for the poor updates guys, for any further updates to this project please visit [Build Log] Guitar Case ( Computer Build ) ..Thanks for the likes!

Tags
case mod , custom build , custom case , intel , matx