Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2013, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Procyon II - 900D n Swiftech H320

Man, been a huge busy week, partial re-build, pressure washing and staining my patio, all 700 sq ft of it, as well as railings I swear my "retirement" home will have a covered concrete patio.

This build was an extremely "rush job", only had a few hrs the last couple of nights to get it together, full days on the patio and a few hrs in the dining-room (my PC Shop)....and yes my wife telling me Im neglecting the Jack Russells

Okay, snapped a few photos, hardly any bling inside so appears pretty dark (just the LED's from the RIVE and GPU's.
Case is friggin huge, wont fit on my desk that I had my TJ09 sitting on, so will build a low base on castors for this behemoth.

The Swiftech H320 fit beautifully in the top with 6 Noctuas set up in push / pull. Temps seem around 8c - 9C cooler vs the H100i. I tried mounting it with the orientation of the hoses at the fron end, but surprisingly enough they were pretty damn tight from the Rad to the CPU, it would fit, but didnt like the hoses coming up tight against the corner of the Rad and Pump. Also, I found that by mounting it with the hoses at the back, the Rad fill port is accessible by simply removing the top screen.

The whole system certainly is a lot quieter than everything rockin in my ole TJ09, then again I love this FC9 Fan Controller.

When I get back from work in mid October I'll get back to some OC'ing and see if I can get this 3930K up to around 4.9 Ghz with respectable temps.....was at 85c with the H100i and 4.8 Ghz (1.4v)....we'll see, all in all I've been extremely pleased with the present 4.7 Ghz.

Anyhow....some pics, I'm no photographer....when looking at the build and cabling, remember it was a "rush job" and likely tinker with it when I get back from work...

Oh...Home Depot has a great selection of 6-32 Machine Screws....3/8" are perfect for mounting the fans on the Rad, then regular Fan Screws to mount top fans to top of case.....1 1/4" are the long ones I also have on stdby.....definitely could use some more 3 n 4 Pin Splitters for running all the Fans off the Controller....presently I have 10 Fans running on 4 Channels with just the 140mm exhaust plugged directly into the Mobo.

EDIT: Just to confirm about a 12c drop in CPU Temps with h320 vs h100i ;)

Last edited by rjbarker; September 12, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old October 6, 2013, 12:28 AM
Top Prospect

wow..... loads of $$ in fans there!!! Nice build!
Old October 6, 2013, 01:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Could you use less graphic cards? :) Probably not... What performance you getting out of these pupy's?
4.7GHz is respectable, tough.

I see the Noctua fans in push-pull config on the top CPU rad - is that really necessary? I mean - should not 3 fans do the job...?
And how the eVGA cards cool? They are packed together too tightly, IMHO.

And what is the books under the case legs? Still not enought clerance from bottom to get good airflow, or are there any other reason...? I put my oldie cases on screws to push them up a bit to get the airflow too, so I just asking if this is the same case...
At first I do it similar way:

Nice usage of the reviewed Corsair Obsidian 750D case, good work!
Corsair Obsidian 750D Review
Old October 7, 2013, 04:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Those cards are screaming for water cooling. I think it's time we take you there bud. What do you think RJBarker?
Old October 18, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

hero1...no WC for these 680's....too old now ;) However, thats the plan for upcoming Maxwell GTX8xx Series !!

trodas:
1. Books sitting at the bottom were temporary, keep it off the carpet, I have seen built a low shelf on castors for it ;)
2. OC on my 3930K is great at 4.9Ghz...only 1.4v under full load and cool.
3. Tri SLi Cards pretty much have to be "tight" like that on a X58 or X79 Board, its the way it is ;) Temps are very good: 22 / 25 / 27 Idle and 60 / 68 / 72 under full load (highest temp being the top card). It is possible to put the lower Card in the lowest slot, but this is the set-up I like the most for optimal PCI-E BUS Speed....hence investing in good cooling fans..... Yes they scream along nicely !
4. Push / pull on the top likely gets me an additional 3 -4c cooler (at least) vs 3 fans only...what I need for 4.9 - 5 Ghz ;)

I've also swapped out 4 Stock Corsair Chassis Fans for Silverstone Air Penetraters w Blue LED, rear exhaust is a Gelid Wing 1200 RPM 140mm......

Last edited by rjbarker; October 18, 2013 at 02:59 PM.