Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29, 2013, 12:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cheers for the support guys! :D

-----------

Thursday: Day 4 of 7

Had a bit of a misshap today and took a ton of process photos, once finished I realised there memory card wasnīt in the camara...

...so all photos are actually from the end of today but Iīll explain what I did aniway :)

My sister gave me a hand today with her epic caligraphy skills and finally paid tribute to the name.

Tomorrow we will do a few other writings under that and I can consider that sidepanel (aside from the window and its details) finished.

The other side panel however was finished today.

Remember yesterday I did the CM logo on the front? Well this is what it was in preparation for... :)

Did the wood detail on the usb and audio connections up top.

And finally I couldnīt resist putting it all togueter to see how it was going, have in mind thereīs still a LOT to do in terms of detailing the case and effects but... I was shocked... just...wow. Iīm in love! Also, youīll notice thereīs something different about the copper. I used a sponge to aply a darker tone of copper (though with a pearl effect) so the copper changes tones depending on the light as you can see by the pictures).

Well, thatīs it for the fourth of the 7 days. The idea for tomorrow is to finish with the external look of the case. Do that DVD drive that will go in that open slot in the front and work on the hardware!

Iīve hoped youīve enjoyed todayīs update and that you come back for more tomorrow! :)
Old August 29, 2013, 10:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I love what you did with the Cooler Master logo. Worked out very well.
Old August 30, 2013, 09:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Friday: Day 5 of 7

Bunch of problems today. Unfortunately neither the ASUS motherboard nor the CM PSU made it in time so Iīm having to use alternative parts. Gigabyte had sponsored a motherboard for a different project so I contacted them and ask them if itīd be ok for me to use it with this project, they said sure so I went ahead with it and well, it seems to go hand in hand...

However Iīm most likely going to have to shave off the moboīs heatsink as itīs just a bit to tall to allow the rad to fit in the case. I do have a slimline rad which fits just fine but it seems to be leaking so I canīt trust it.

The PSU is more of a decision than an issue, Iīve got a brand new Corsair TX650 but Iīm thinking itīs going to cut it short for a GTX560 Ti SLI setup, while I do have an NZXT HALE90 (850w) itīs going to be a pain as thatīs within my main PC so it means taking the whole thing apart to get it out. So I decided for now to go with the Corsair, took it apart, and started to paint it.

Also started customizing the EK 360 rad.

So Iīm going to take the chance to say thanks as all these products where either sponsored or winnings from previous project.

First of all, massive thanks to Gigabyte, I could have been in serious trouble if it wasnīt for you guys!

Thanks Corsair for the TX650!

Thanks Mayhems for the coolant!

a Special mention for Kingston. 2x 240Gb HyperX SSDs + 16Gb 1866Mhz DDR HyperX ram!

Thanks to Lamptron for the FC10!

So. Iīve now done all I can do before sticking all the HW in, so thatīs what Iīm doing on Day 6 and hell, if possible even finish this project on day 6, so you know, I can sleep on Sunday (thatīd be nice).

Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited by Luciel; August 31, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old September 2, 2013, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Saturday: Day 6 of 7

Though technically today is Sunday, I couldnt post yesterdays update as I had to source some parts from my everyday pc so I had no PC to post from.

I will reply to all comments on Monday evening when Iīm setup at the Campus Party event (hopefully everything arrives in one piece, gulp.

Right so, more issues. The radiator was stuffed, leaking and while fixable I didnīt have the time and I had to bring my PC to the workshop aniway so figured Iīd just use its rad instead. So, sourced the radiator from the main pc, cpu, ram and harddrives and the build went on, luckily from here on, only small fixable-on-the-spot issues where encounted.

Let the cabeling and tinkering begin!

Gave the final coat of copper to the PSU and lackered afterwards.

In it goes along with the rest of the parts.

Fingers crossed for a problem-free boot...

Success!!!! It even recognised my raid array from my previous setup (different mobo)! All hdds, ssds and devices detected.

And thatīs it for day 6, join me on the final day!
Old September 2, 2013, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sunday: Day 7 of 7

Final day!

As I mentioned in the previous entry I will reply to all comments on Monday evening if all arrives ok.

Today I finished it all up. There will be a second set of pictures from the CP event but hereīs the first set. It goes without saying had it not been a time limited edition, I wouldīve done a lot more detailing and precision work but, well all things considered and a few faults aside, Iīm really glad on how it turned out.

So, I give you, Mod in a Week: "APASF: CP London Edition".

With special thanks to:

And thatīs the end of the project. I hope you have enjoyed following it. I will post an updated as mentioned tomorrow (Monday) evening if all arrives well.

Now, to bed!
Old September 2, 2013, 05:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice work man.
Old September 4, 2013, 06:54 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Looks great, but it seems odd that the coppery case should go untarnished.
Old September 4, 2013, 08:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Excellent work in such a short amount of time, I am jealous.
Old September 10, 2013, 09:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks a bunch guys! Yes, the copper treatment wouldīve taken to long so I figured I wouldnīt start with it rather than leave it unfinished :)

FINAL PICTURES SET 2 - Campus Party Europe London O2 Arena:

While Iīm waiting for a bunch of people to email me photos, hereīs a selection of what I currently have, youīll even recognise the original APASF on the screen as I was talking about sponsorships and how it affects companies in terms of publicity, value for money, etc. You may also recognise a certain Hans (pOpE) and Anthony Leather (Combatus) who where fantastic to meet in person! All in all I think itīs safe to say we all had a blast at the event!

As a side note, updated first post and added all current final pictures to the "reserved for final pictures" part.