Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19, 2013, 05:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Today I got around to finishing sanding the outside of the case. I took a look at the inside and it seems very difficult to get into some areas so I might as well leave put a coat of primer and then paint it. I will be painting and uploading some pics. I can't wait to be done and see how it turns out.
Old September 25, 2013, 09:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Resuming the work. More sanding and cleaning. And I still have no clue as in what to do with the front. So far I am thinking about leaving the way it is but a part of me says no, do something
Old September 29, 2013, 01:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hello everyone. So I got the case sanded, well the parts that I could do, and I put it back together. First, I had to strip the right side panel (I forgot to do that before) then sanded the inside of it.

The case out together

Old September 29, 2013, 01:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The I decided to try and fit the bottom radiator and discovered that the front intake fan mount was blocking the access to the screw hole and offsetting the rad guard. This means I will have to get rid of one intake fan to access rad mounting holes.

Old October 1, 2013, 05:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Solved the issue created by the front fan mounting mechanism

And this is what I am using to mount the PSU. Not done working on it yet (well almost).
Old October 2, 2013, 02:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is another possibility to the build. I am thinking about it. What do you think guys?

Old October 2, 2013, 02:46 PM

My System Specs

If you get a mid plate fabbed up it could be ok.
Old October 2, 2013, 02:55 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
If you get a mid plate fabbed up it could be ok.
I intend to make one, it would be that hard. I also would have to cut the MB tray and stabilise using some rods.
Old October 2, 2013, 04:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Throw that idea out of the window because it will not work due to the cut I made for the window (pun intended) on the left side panel. Simply, to make this work would require me to raise the rad 3 inches from the case floor which means the mid plate might interfere with the MB tray. Whew!
Old October 3, 2013, 12:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Bring that TJ07 idea back !After a lot of thinking, I have decided that I will go with the TJ07 look. I will switch the panels , the current window panel will become the right side panel and the right side panel will become left side panel. I will be cutting the "new" left side panel to make room for the rad guard and window. Yes, I am going crazy here but I love it. I can't wait to put my dremel and jigsaw to work again