Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2013, 02:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
great looking rad panel

the color is hot!

nice work!
Thanks FF. I am trying really hard to make it into an awesome mod. Not far from being done!
Old September 6, 2013, 11:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

So, I have just realised that the bottom rad panel is not entirely long enough to have it riveted to the front end of the "main and original" bottom panel. This means I have to buy a new steel or aluminium sheet and make a new one. And I have decided to leave the front panel alone for now as it will make it easier for people to recognize the mod as a Fractal mod when they see it. I was hoping to paint the whole thing today but no regrets because I will be making a better rad panel and possibly the PSU mount!
Old September 6, 2013, 09:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Angry Short 24-Pin ATX Wires!

I just took a good look at how I will end up mounting the PSU and turns out that my 24-Pin MB wires are not long enough to make it to the motherboard Now I will have to take out the bottom panel and turn it around so that the rad is much closer to the front end of the case. I will have to cut a hole at the back to make it easier for the PSU to pass through so that it will end being half in and half out. It sucks but I don't think I have enough time to make 24 wires as I already am applying white sleeves to some of them.
Old September 7, 2013, 12:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Spent all night working on finishing up the sleeves. Pics coming tomorrow. I love the way this thing is turning out. Lowfat: you'd be proud of my shrinkless sleeves.
Old September 8, 2013, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

you did pretty good doing a 4" hole by hand then... did you use a hand drill or a hole hawg? :) Those 4" lenox holesaws are bimetal/wood. (the white ones)
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old September 8, 2013, 08:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
you did pretty good doing a 4" hole by hand then... did you use a hand drill or a hole hawg? :) Those 4" lenox holesaws are bimetal/wood. (the white ones)
Thanks man. I used a hand drill, it was fun and I really enjoyed it. The job would have been easier if I had found a 4.5" holesaw. It is bimetal/wood.
Old September 8, 2013, 08:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Question PSU mount

I am thinking about buying a PSU bracket from FrozenCPU since no one seems to carry one here in Canada (How weird). I could make one out of acrylic but I am not sure if I should or not. This is what I am thinking about. Let me know what you guys think:Lian Li PE-01 Power Supply Extension Bracket - Black (PE-01) - FrozenCPU.com
Old September 9, 2013, 08:12 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
I am thinking about buying a PSU bracket from FrozenCPU since no one seems to carry one here in Canada (How weird). I could make one out of acrylic but I am not sure if I should or not. This is what I am thinking about. Let me know what you guys think:Lian Li PE-01 Power Supply Extension Bracket - Black (PE-01) - FrozenCPU.com
You'll find that about 95% of modding supplies can not be bought in Canada.

If you are willing to wait a few weeks I'll have one of those in my BST thread.
Old September 9, 2013, 08:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You'll find that about 95% of modding supplies can not be bought in Canada.

If you are willing to wait a few weeks I'll have one of those in my BST thread.
It's a shame and I hope that changes soon. I decided on modding the HDD cage into a PSU bracket. I hope it turns out good if not then I will grab yours in couple of weeks.
Old September 9, 2013, 09:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Front of the Case

So this is the front of the case in its current form. I am not sure if I should still keep it the way it is or not. A part of me wants me to get an aluminum sheet and make a front panel with only 2 5.25" bays (one for fan controller and the other for ODD) and have 2 fan holes for 2x140/120 mm fans. This means doing away with all the plastic and the door. Or I can cut the plastic by following the cuts for the fan filter door and mount the aluminium panel on it and retaining the original front. What do you guys think?
Attached Images