Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2013, 09:16 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile Front Door Issue

I am thinking about getting rid of the front door. I originally wanted to relocate it but that might end up being too much and the right side of the case has a notch that allows for finger placement for opening the door. So the only option I see atm is to get rid of the door and that should also improve air intake for my 2 x 140 mm fans. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Old August 21, 2013, 03:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Just got my package from FrozenCPU and I hope to get the other one from Dazmode tomorrow then take the pics and get to work on this project
Old August 22, 2013, 01:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So I am going to take my computer apart today, take all the measurements that I need and do some cutting. I will be using Dupli-Color Pefect Match Premium Automotive paint. I am still doing all red but I might add white/black stripes here and there.

I have decided that I will place the 360 mm rad up top and the current 240 mm rad at the bottom to save some money for now. I am still going ahead with external mounted PSU and will make sure that I have holes drilled that can take either 420 or 360 mm rad in the future.

I will also be going with new hardware with this build, if my current listings sell. Who knows, it might be the IB-E along with another GTX 780 once the case work is done.

Last edited by hero1; August 27, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old August 22, 2013, 10:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

I have cut the top panel section that will house the EKWB 360 mm rad XTX. The jigsaw that I bought made an awesome and easy work. I took back the MasterCraft rotary tool and exchanged it for Dremel 4000. Tomorrow I will be cutting out the window panel, bottom panel for mounting the 240mm rad and drilling holes that will allow me to mount a 360 mm rad in the future. That should take an hr. Then I will shift my attention to finding a way to make the external PSU bracket. I will make sure to post pictures tomorrow of the cuts and painting job.

I am thinking still pondering about the front panel and not sure what to do with it. I know I can modify it and mount a 360 mm rad there. But I am leaning towards just painting it and leave it be.

I need your opinion with painting the fans. I don't mind the colour of my Noctuas but I am not sure whether leaving them as they are will throw off the theme of this mod. Any suggestions?
Old August 23, 2013, 02:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Red Plasti Dip is an easy solution?
Old August 23, 2013, 07:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
Red Plasti Dip is an easy solution?
I'll look into that.
Old August 23, 2013, 12:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I couldn't resist posting these photos for now. I got my shipment from Dazmode and NCIX. I also have the rest of the stuff from FrozenCPU. So here's some photos taken with my iPhone (still can't seem to find a Camera that I like).
Attached Images

Last edited by hero1; September 3, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old August 23, 2013, 07:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile Side window and bottom holes

Cut the opening for the window and filed it. I will be using the piece that came from the left panel for the bottom. I cut the bottom and will file it tomorrow and cut holes for 3 x 120 mm fans that will be mounted to a 360 mm rad in the future. Will also make the PSU bracket then will move to painting and putting the whole thing together next week. Here are some pics
Attached Images

Old August 27, 2013, 12:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Bottom Panel

Here's the panel that I will use to cover the bottom rad area. This piece came from the material that used to be the left side panel. Now I just need to cut some holes and mount. I have decided that the whole build will be painted red, and that means the inside too. Then I will add other colours once the red is dried up, possibly black and not white.
Attached Images

Last edited by hero1; August 27, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old August 27, 2013, 02:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile Another 360mm rad, PSU mounting and Front Panel

I just made a purchase on Dazmode for another 360 mm rad. Might as well go ahead and get one now and add another card later.

The only head busting issue is the PSU mount. I am still exploring options as to how I will mount it and run the cables. Right now, I want to mount it where is shown in the sketches and have the wires come in through some of the PCI-E slots.

Also the front panel. I need some ideas guys. I can remove the whole plastic part or slice it so the front is acrylic and the fans draw air from the sides and bottom. This will eliminate the need for the door and such and might allow me to mount another 140 mm fan for total of 3 front intakes and some LEDs. What do you think?

I have also changing the name. Here comes the RED-emption

Last edited by hero1; September 3, 2013 at 01:02 PM.