Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2014, 02:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

haha awesome, I'll bet that keychain would be a noisy bugger if it were powered! Lets give it 5000rpm and you can just hover your keys above the ground so you'll never lose em!
Old January 8, 2014, 03:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
haha awesome, I'll bet that keychain would be a noisy bugger if it were powered! Lets give it 5000rpm and you can just hover your keys above the ground so you'll never lose em!
I know eh. It would be awesome If I could find a small motor to attach it to

I intend on using it for my file cabinet that should be here soon.
Old January 8, 2014, 03:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I decided to ditch the first fan grill design and go with this one. I will modify it a bit but this is how it will look.

Old January 9, 2014, 07:23 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Interesting design, can't wait to see the finished product
Old January 14, 2014, 09:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortier View Post
Interesting design, can't wait to see the finished product
Thanks bud.
Old January 14, 2014, 09:01 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default New Look

Hello everyone. I took sometime to work on the case again. I took off the top rad, I am still considering putting it back up there but I am not sure about it yet. I also worked on the motherboard tray and made a new mid panel that covers the entire bottom compartment as well as repositioning the Res and pump.

I first worked on the original MB tray. I cut it down to almost the same width as the MB itself. I took one of my plexiglass and cut it to fit the back of the case. This part was added directly to the remaining piece of the original MB tray. I wish this step was smooth but it wasn't because the new saw did not allow for great amount of room when I was making the cutouts for cable routing. As you can recall, I had purchased the Chicago screws and I used them to connect the new MB panel to the old one. This allowed me put the cable routing holes much closer to the MB and it also made it possible to mount the reservoir right next to the MB. I took some pictures of this process but they turned out way too dark so I deleted them.

I then shifted to work on the mid panel. I made sure that I had the right measurements and such and I drilled holes where I needed them to be. As of right now, the GPU cable goes through the mid panel and gives the interior of the case a much cleaner look.

I will have to reposition the mounting mechanisms for the res and pump so that the pump is at least 1.5" away from the motherboard and GPU. This will also allow me to use better tubing connection between the pump and GPU. And the other thing will be to make cable management clips on the back of the board. I will do these things when I find time and acquire the necessary rubber pads that will elevate the clips to allow for cables pass through. The it will be time to make the SSD mount out of the same type of plexiglass.

Old February 27, 2014, 01:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Cable Management (First take) and New Toys

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I posted my last update. I have been busy with new life style ever since we welcomed our newborn baby boy, Elijah, on the 5th of February 2014. He means the world to us.

I bought new toys. Well I needed calliper and I found a digital Mastercraft Calliper from Canadian Tire on sell for $17.99 from $39.99. Then I grabbed a couple of 3" C clamps, also on sell.

Then I made a trip to Home Depot and grabbed a set of files, needed more lol and I also grabbed a spray paint can for other uses

I have always wanted to get these adapters for SATA to Molex and I couldn't find them online. I went to a computer shop around here and I found them so I bought 2 of them, plus a 4 feet black heatshrink:rock:

Cable Management:

I took 2 pieces of acrylic that were left over and I made some cable management clips. I drilled the holes on the acrylic motherboard tray cover and mounted them there. And right before I finished working on these stuff, we had to go to the hospital and 2 days later our little boy was born.

Old April 3, 2014, 03:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hello friends. Sorry for being gone for so long. I have been extra busy and the new life in our family has got my hands tied up. I will upload some pictures of what I did and leave you with where I am atm. Stay tuned.
Old April 4, 2014, 11:42 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I tore the system apart so I could remake the cable management clips. I did all of this in late February. Now I have to make the cover for the top rad.

The right hand side of the PC.

This is the new clip that holds the 8 and 24 pin cables together. I made sure that the clips have the same width.

Then I cut the part that covered the access to the side of the 5.25 bays

The inside of the case. I moved the res and I will move it again so that there's more room between it and the GPU. The pump will be mounted onto the mid panel.

And this is just a shot of the rear of the case showing the PSU.

Old April 6, 2014, 04:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I bought a different work table, the one you see on the pictures as well as a new jigsaw, well the same one from Hitachi that I had a while ago except I found it on sell for 69.99 from 99.99 at CT.

Then yesterday, I bought a metal bending brake from Princess Auto, I got the bigger one because it is made from steel but it isn't done right. I guess that's what we get when companies just buy junk from China and sell them to us. I will return it tomorrow and get a different one and then work on the top rad.

I am going to use a 2.5mm thick aluminium sheet instead of the acyrlic because the piece of acrylic that I was going to use cracked when I was bending it.