Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2013, 09:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Awesome work man. Keep us posted!
Old September 23, 2013, 09:15 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

So....

After my episode of nightmare bend I finally closed the loop yesterday night.

Tonight, I put water in the loop to do the leak phase....and of course it happened....but this time it's different...

I have 2 leaks...one from the flow indicator and one from the inlet of the top radiator. The flow indicator, I don't care because I can ditch it out but the leak on the rad inlet is wierd...it's a new fitting so the O-Rings are obviously new too...and I can't tight it more than how it is now I assure you on that....and it still leak...

I don't know what to do...I even tought about doing this part in traditionnal tubing but whats the point of having a hard tube loop if one section isn't....

I wanted to put this rig in a CL contest....that won't happen

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old September 23, 2013, 09:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sorry to hear about that. Let's hope you can find a way to fix that issue. I say switch that fitting out and see what happens. It could just be the way the fitting is screwed onto the rad.
Old September 23, 2013, 09:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I agree with hero, switch out that fitting, I had a defective fitting during my first build, perplexed the crap out of me for hours until I finally tore it apart and replaced it all.
Old September 23, 2013, 09:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wow looks great. I'm still too chicken to give acrylic tubing a go. Sorry to hear about the leaks. As suggested, try a new fitting. The other possibility is the tubing is just ever so slightly off so there isn't a firm seal. I've had that with traditional PVC tubing. Not sure if it applies here with Acrylic.
Old September 23, 2013, 09:57 PM

My System Specs

Is it leaking from inside the compression ring or where it screws in to the radiator? The Primochill fittings and o-rings seem to be very high quality, I'd be surprised if it was the fault of the fitting. That is assuming it is seated correctly. The bad thing about these fittings is there is no way to grip the fitting when you are installing it. Hopefully you can get the leaks resolved easily enough.
Old September 24, 2013, 03:16 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Sorry to hear about that. Let's hope you can find a way to fix that issue. I say switch that fitting out and see what happens. It could just be the way the fitting is screwed onto the rad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
I agree with hero, switch out that fitting, I had a defective fitting during my first build, perplexed the crap out of me for hours until I finally tore it apart and replaced it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Wow looks great. I'm still too chicken to give acrylic tubing a go. Sorry to hear about the leaks. As suggested, try a new fitting. The other possibility is the tubing is just ever so slightly off so there isn't a firm seal. I've had that with traditional PVC tubing. Not sure if it applies here with Acrylic.

Thanks guys I will probably buy some replacement fittings indeed....but I will have to dismantle the majority of the loop to access the top rad correctly....that's pissing me off but hey it is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Is it leaking from inside the compression ring or where it screws in to the radiator? The Primochill fittings and o-rings seem to be very high quality, I'd be surprised if it was the fault of the fitting. That is assuming it is seated correctly. The bad thing about these fittings is there is no way to grip the fitting when you are installing it. Hopefully you can get the leaks resolved easily enough.

I will re-check but it seems to be coming from the inside of the compression ring thanks

Old September 24, 2013, 06:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Good to know where it sis coming from. So why not go ahead and use one of the fittings that were attached to the flow indicator. That way you save money and time. I would try that.
Old September 24, 2013, 03:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Hi,

I did check where the leak was coming from and it's from the outside....so I will check with a traditionnal fitting to see if it's from the radiator or from the fitting itself.

I'd be surprised (hoping not too) it would be the radiator but...

Old September 24, 2013, 11:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Update :

I took the loop apart

Yeah, with hard tubing you don't really the choice

The flow meter is fixed possibly an o-ring issue. I opened it, made sure both o-ring between the block and the little plexi covers sits correctly and carefully tighten the whole thing in place...created a closed loop with my DCP and run some tests and no leaks.

As for the radiator leak, I will do a closed loop leak test tomorrow night. When I un-screwed the fitting that leaks, it was harder to unscrew compare to the others so it might be an error from myself when I screwed it in place...It was the first of these fittings that I took in place when I started the loop so maybe I didn't take enough care.

I'll keep you updated...