Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2013, 10:36 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post
BTW is it ok for the fittings?
Yes thanks.

I highly suggest Silverstone for PSUs if sleeving is a priority. They can use a 1:1 wiring so it is very easy to crimp your own replacement cables. Only one double wire and it can actually be cut off. Considerably more expensive than that EVGA though.
Old August 9, 2013, 10:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

You should go with Silverstone just like Lowfat suggested. I wanted a platinum PSU and the wires sharing crimps killed my ambition. So grab yourself a Silverstone Strider Evolution and go from there. Mine is coming along pretty well and I'd be using it right now if I didn't trim the 8-Pin EPS wires a little too much.
Old August 10, 2013, 12:08 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I highly suggest Silverstone for PSUs if sleeving is a priority. They can use a 1:1 wiring so it is very easy to crimp your own replacement cables. Only one double wire and it can actually be cut off. Considerably more expensive than that EVGA though.
Yeah it's 50$ more but I could live with it.

2 questions...

1) What about those capacitors on the PCIe? If I make my own cables do I have to put some on them?

2) Is the fan silent enough?

Thanks
Old August 10, 2013, 07:40 AM

My System Specs

1) You can cut off the capacitors or make new cables w/o them.

I have a few year old ST1000G non-Evo so it uses a cheaper fan. I can't actually comment on how quiet the penetrator fans is in the current PSUs.
Old August 10, 2013, 08:58 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
1) You can cut off the capacitors or make new cables w/o them.

I have a few year old ST1000G non-Evo so it uses a cheaper fan. I can't actually comment on how quiet the penetrator fans is in the current PSUs.
Great thanks!

I will take my decision today...I'll let you know later.
Old August 10, 2013, 01:42 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I just watched a video by Lutro0 showing a double wire guide. Instead of double crimping he solder the wires at some point where it will be hidden and also show the sleeving method with this type of wire. That could be a possibility...
Old August 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post
I just watched a video by Lutro0 showing a double wire guide. Instead of double crimping he solder the wires at some point where it will be hidden and also show the sleeving method with this type of wire. That could be a possibility...
That method is going to be very hard to do with that many wires. I know you can sleeve and apply heat shrinkless with 2 wires in one crimp. However, since you are going for an awesome build, I really do suggest you avoid what Lutro0 is doing and grab yourself a Silverstone and Corsair who seem to only have 1-2 wires sharing the same crimp.
Old August 11, 2013, 03:06 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok pictures update!

I started the acrylic binding part of my build....I was kinda scared but it turns about to be fairly sweet so far.

I did what I could do for now. The rest will take place when the motherboard/CPU/GPUs will be in place and also when the PSU issue will be cleared. On this topic, I might replace the RX360 on the PSU side for a 240 to gain some space because even if I go with something small like an AX860i, it's still tight down there...

Everything should be resolve pretty soon so the build could resume.

So here are the first pictures of the loop...

Enjoy!
Old August 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Oh wow

that looks fantastic

nice job on the tube bending
Old August 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Oh hot damn! That is one sexy machine. Drool worthy

Nice job with the tubes. I have been looking into that but it will mean selling a lot of fittings if I ever went down that road