Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25, 2013, 12:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

One leak gone, another up for testing - congratulations! :) I think you will be fine this time... fingers crossed!
Old October 4, 2013, 10:46 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Did you have any luck with the rad area leak?

Insanely awesome rig you have built there
Old October 5, 2013, 08:01 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Good god you must have devine powers!!! I didn't update in around 2 weeks and this morning I will end up my final leak phase and boom you ask for an update.

Of all the builds I made this one cause me the most issues in leak tests that I ever encountered.

The first time (2 weeks ago), the flow indicator and the top rad were the issues. Those 2 were fixed. The flow indicator was fine it was just me who didn't thight enough the covers so the o-rings didn't do their job. For the rad I simply switch the fitting for another in my loop and carefully screwed the fitting in place and it was okay. Since I re-use the "faulty" fitting in the loop and that everything is good now I must assume that it was me that didn't screw the fitting correctly the first time even if it looks like it was okay?!...After fixing this I re-filled my loop and started leak tests and then.....leak from a GPU block. I jumped on the BST thread and bought the same one from a fellow member.

The second time (a week ago), I replaced the GPU block and re-filled my loop and started yet another leak test....guess what another leak?!?!?.........from where.....THE OTHER GPU BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!I couldn't believe it!! I never broke any plexi or acetal block in my life and 2 in the same build!!! The day before I put an order at Daz so I jump on my keyboard to check if Daz had the block in stock and it did!! I emailed Daz on a saturday night to see if he could ship me the block with my order and guess what he answered me within the hour this guy is the real deal!!!!!!

The THIRD time (yesterday), I installed the new GPU block then re-filled the loop again and it's as now been running for 15 hours without an issue

So later today I will flush it and fill it with Mayhems

And then....PHOTOS!!!

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old October 5, 2013, 08:14 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Thats good news akira
really lookin forward to seeing your pics of this stellar build

glad you got the leaking fixed and Daz's service is second to none
Old October 6, 2013, 08:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The build is "Done"....

The reason i'm quoting it is because even if the build is completed the motherboard looks like it failed on me.

So the pictures are taken but the rig will be temporary dismantled for investigation and when it will be put back on this rig will become another folder since I already switch my main daily/work/gaming setup in my new S5 (build log soon)

I'm really happy on how it turns out the Mayhems X1 UV Emerald Green is freaking nice it looks like Prestone in daylight which is a near perfect match with the Gelids!!! And in the dark under UV it glows cool

You can see the final pictures in the second post right HERE

Have a nice day!

Old October 6, 2013, 09:06 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Great work Akira

shame about the mobo,maybe it'll perk up

everything looks super deluxe

coolant is wicked

those casefeet are Beautiful

photo's are sweet...really top notch build Sir!
Old October 6, 2013, 10:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Ya nice job Akira, looks sweet.
Old October 6, 2013, 01:17 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys!!

I dismantled the rig to see what was going on with the motherboard and now it's fine!!! So it's a relief!!!!

This build is really done now

Old October 6, 2013, 01:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Great to hear you got everything working right. That's an amazing build!

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 26, 2013, 08:43 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post
Thanks guys!!

I dismantled the rig to see what was going on with the motherboard and now it's fine!!! So it's a relief!!!!

This build is really done now
It's always SOMETHING, isn't it? I can't tell you how many hours I've had to troubleshoot builds and the problem being one wire, one screw, one twist of a fitting. Bah!