Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2013, 11:54 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Keep em coming.
OK.

Worked on the power cables for the GPU + MiniNG yesterday evening and this morning.

Old September 16, 2013, 04:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Stellar as usual Lowfat

that wiring and tubing is just plain beautiful
Old September 16, 2013, 04:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Neat cable management! It looks so good, it will be almost a crime to close the case at one point...

BTW, I hate the shiny silver plastic - good thing you sand down it - looks infinitely better now! ...and what the the passive graphic card from the test fitting? ( export-30.jpg Photo by tulcakelume | Photobucket ) The heatsink is just... massive! :) Love it on first sight, lol.

Tube-bending - just incredibly well looking results. Speechles...

...and moding even the pump electric to make it quieter... That is not something we see daily. This is just amazing!
Old September 16, 2013, 05:25 PM

My System Specs

I appreciate the comments.

The passive videocard is a.....uhhhhhhh.... No idea. It is some low end Nvidia card that is capable of bitstreaming HD audio. GT510 or something?
Old September 16, 2013, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lowfat how much you charge to do a recorded Sleeving and system build training video??? no joke maybe a 770 in it for you or some corsair RM1000 PSU's???

Come on or how about this the guest of Honor at a Asus Invite only event in Calgary that someone may of slipped an invite to :P
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old September 16, 2013, 07:42 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Lowfat how much you charge to do a recorded Sleeving and system build training video??? no joke maybe a 770 in it for you or some corsair RM1000 PSU's???

Come on or how about this the guest of Honor at a Asus Invite only event in Calgary that someone may of slipped an invite to :P
It is hard to teach patience to someone in a video.

Honestly that really is all you need. Patience to think/plan it out. Then the patience to make sure you do everything right. Even if it means doing something over 2-3 times before it is correct.
Old September 16, 2013, 11:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The more I look at this build an Akira's the more I want to go hard, acrylic tubing that is
Old September 17, 2013, 10:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

lowfat - I simply never saw anything like it and it is absolutelly stunning to me. My old attempts (before my stuff get mostly stolen and vandalized) is almost ughly, compared to yours work... This is not something one see daily. Not to mention the double CPUs mainboard probably pack a lot of CPU power :)
GTX 510 you say? Quite low end indeed, however the huge heatsink is remarkable. It just caught my attention :D
Good luck with the build. I believe this will be something trully remarkable...

hero1 - indeed, the acrylic tubing bendt to exact anges is eyecatcher. But it also require plenty of space. When you have it all packed like I had once, then you cannot even think about it... but maybe lowfat would come with some solution, but even the light green liquid looks ughly, when I look at it now, to be honest:

Making it more green helped a lot:

...but that it not meant to hijack a thread of the most awesome build I ever saw.
Old September 23, 2013, 02:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Nice work, subb'd

I'm bumping this fine piece of work. I had that same mobo as well. One of my favorite Asus boards, considering my luck with a bad Gryphon, AND Maximus VI Gene lately. Ugh.

D*MN you and your beautiful Kobra SS cable bundling knuckle thingies. I just had to order a bucket load myself from FroZenCPU. I've been searching for a way to do this separation of sleeved cable "strands" and was able to finally figure it out.

Between that and my Dazmode orders I'm on the oily, slick downhill slide to divorce.

Keep it up. I'm hoping to have something up soon with much shoddier photography.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732

Last edited by 10e; September 23, 2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Edited two things
Old September 23, 2013, 02:43 PM

My System Specs

The cable clamps do help a lot w/ keeping the sleeving straight before I put them under retention. But they are cheap and break very easily. Especially the 4-wire ones. I started out w/ probably 20 of each. Doing to about four 4-wire ones.

The plan was to drop off the case interior for powder coating today but I still need to drill a few holes. I've been in the mood to work on my Lian Li over the past few days so the Stacker might take a backseat for a few weeks.