Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2013, 02:56 PM

My System Specs

I think it works.
Old July 1, 2013, 03:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I think it works.
I think it should . . . was concerned about the metal to circuitry contact which is why I added the plexi. I may add a few rubber washers at the end of the back plate as that has the most potential for sagging down. Not sure if this will create an issue with heat?

Cheers

Fen
Old July 2, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nice mod mang !!

One of the best 'war' themed mods I've ever seen.Well done.

--

You are going to have to pay extra attention to your radiator.Light coats or not , you've affected how it works : specifically , it's going to collect dust much faster with paint on it.

Once again , good work !....I look forward to seeing your next mod.

Old July 2, 2013, 05:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Nice mod mang !!

One of the best 'war' themed mods I've ever seen.Well done.

--

You are going to have to pay extra attention to your radiator.Light coats or not , you've affected how it works : specifically , it's going to collect dust much faster with paint on it.

Once again , good work !....I look forward to seeing your next mod.

Thanks much for the feedback.

I will definitely watch the radiator . . . thanks again . . . will have a can of compressed air handy to keep things dusted and clear.

Cheers

Fen
Old July 2, 2013, 08:07 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

If this is your first time I look forward to your future projects. That build is wicked. Where do you get all those DANGER/WARNING decals/stickers?
Old July 3, 2013, 02:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by concinnity View Post
If this is your first time I look forward to your future projects. That build is wicked. Where do you get all those DANGER/WARNING decals/stickers?
Thanks much. The stickers/labels came from Google Images. I imported the jpegs to a photo program, masked and resized. Afterwards, I printed then affixed.

Cheers

Fen
Old July 4, 2013, 06:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

WORK LOG: PART 7

24 Pin Points of Insanity

Hello,

For those of you have been following my log to date, you know that when it came to sleeving, I chickened out on the 24 pin point connector

I thought that painting the already existent OEM sleeving a nice camo green that it would just blend in. Unfortunately, when I put the sleeved cables next to it . . . it looked dismal.

So after some soul searching and feedback from others, I decided to bite the bullet and sleeve that beast . . . I mean how bad could it be . . . right

So I ordered some new paracord and finally took that cable . . . which I admit I had hidden away like a bad family secret . . . looked at it one last time with its Corsair proprietary rights PSU connector looking at me as if to say . . . Man you have no idea what I am hiding beneath this peaceful OEM.

I grabbed my trusty Exacto Knife, took a very big breath (and an even bigger gulp of single malt scotch) and dissected the heat shrink and tie wraps . . . so far so good

So in for a penny in for a pound . . . I grabbed my scissors and started on the OEM . . . No turning back now.

I made short work of the OEM and I have to admit for a few short moments (exactly 2.5 seconds by my reckoning) it felt quite good . . . this cable was not beating me But like all things which seem too good to be true, my Narnia existence soon turned into a Bizzaro world where things like connection to connection cables don't exist . . . I mean . . . seriously what were they thinking

The mess I found

This was surely one of those great "what the " moments in life as I stared at double wires criss-crossing every where and what is up with the demented twisted swivel thing

Okay, one thing I have learned in my current job is to shoot, scan and breath . . . emphasis on the breathing. So I decided to be smart about this and not yank all the wires out and do one wire at a time. My paracord had arrived a few days earlier and I was planning to try heat shrinkless to see what it looked like.

The paracord sleeving tool from Lutro Customs saved a lot of snagging headaches

Took a few attempts but I finally got the proper combination of location and melt

Two down 22 to go . . . the heat shrinkless looks so much better . . . what do you think?

Well that is it for now, I will post once I get the 24 pin point done . . . unless I mess it up . . . then I think I will drink some more scotch and try to forget before calling Corsair and saying . . . Hey funny thing happened when I was sleeving your cable . . .

Cheers

Fen
Old July 4, 2013, 06:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice start. I missed my shipment of MDPC stuff so I have to pick them up tomorrow and get started. Looking forward to your work. We have the same PSU but I will be doing my sleeving with something else.
Old July 4, 2013, 06:51 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Nice start. I missed my shipment of MDPC stuff so I have to pick them up tomorrow and get started. Looking forward to your work. We have the same PSU but I will be doing my sleeving with something else.
Good luck with the sleeving . . . if I can get through these next 22 points it is all golden or worst case scenario the scotch will finish me off and I will wake up on the floor next to my work bench with paracord melted to my finger tips

Cheers

Fen
Old July 4, 2013, 06:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Fenny View Post
Good luck with the sleeving . . . if I can get through these next 22 points it is all golden or worst case scenario the scotch will finish me off and I will wake up on the floor next to my work bench with paracord melted to my finger tips

Cheers

Fen
Thanks man. Take it easy so you won't mess up anything. Last thing we need to hear is your fingers burnt from sleeving and drinking. Don't sleeve and drink