Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2013, 06:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default I'm not creative enough for a title

I'd say it would have been almost a year ago that I bought my TJ07 here, but haven't really had the chance to do anything with it. Most in progress shots will be taken with my phone, but I'll definitely source out a nicer camera for the final shots... Progress will probably be done weekly rather than daily, but maybe posting something up will motivate me a bit more than just doing it for myself.

Right out of the box the day after purchasing it and in goes my "top of the line" i7 920 & 5970 just for kicks. Note that the support beams weren't powdercoated by the previous owner .

Fooling around. I wasn't going to take apart the MurderMod front panel to change the LED to a blue to match the power and HDD LEDs, so I changed the other two to red. Just fooling around with the breadboard to see what it would look like.

I'm pretty sure I bought the last two 92mm Gentle Typhoons available anywhere. They were sitting on the shelf for so long that the plastic box the GTs usually come in started yellowing.

A little teaser shot...

Anyone with a keen eye will see that the screws here are silver and not black, like in the other images. Remember the "measure twice cut once" mantra? For my last build, I used 1 1/4" screws (just regular ones, not black...I would have switched...) but they weren't long enough because I went through the top of the case so they had to go through radgrill/case/fan/rad. For this one, I bought some nice quality black 1 1/2" screws. Too bad I forgot that for this application, it's only fan and radiator. Doh.

After test fitting both radiators in there with the power supply, there isn't much space...

Last edited by krajee; June 22, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old June 19, 2013, 06:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice case!

This build log would go a lot further if you just posted pics instead of links. :P Personally I can't stand having to click a bunch of links. Would rather be able to just scroll through and view the pictures in the thread. Photobucket offers links for forums.
Old June 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

you can click on his photobucket library
Old June 22, 2013, 01:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Nice case!

This build log would go a lot further if you just posted pics instead of links. :P Personally I can't stand having to click a bunch of links. Would rather be able to just scroll through and view the pictures in the thread. Photobucket offers links for forums.
Fair enough. I know some people hate seeing lots of images, but then again, that's what you'd expect to see in a thread like this...

So, some bad news. I lost two of the clips that hold the fan blades to the housing . Maybe someone has some broken gentle typhoons for me?
Old June 23, 2013, 12:26 AM
Rookie

That's a beautiful case!
Old June 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Most of you should know what this next one is.

The first try at shrinkless sleeving didn't go too well. Went pretty decently after that though.

And some work for myself for the next day or so.

I might have some bad news for myself though. I got an amazing deal for a Rampage IV Formula a few weeks ago, but if I don't get it by Monday, I'm probably not going to be very motivated to finish this build.
Old June 27, 2013, 05:02 PM

My System Specs

Heatshrinkless job looks pretty good. Try to avoid using flash when taking pictures of sleeving.