Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2013, 04:38 PM

My System Specs

Larger tubing won't perform any better. 3/8" ID 1/2" OD FTW.
Old June 18, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

agreed
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old June 18, 2013, 11:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
agreed
Yay!
Old June 19, 2013, 01:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think my work for this build is down for now. The next update will be when I get my hands on the Phanteks Enthoo Primo. I have decided to keep my Core i5 3570K and the ASUS MVF until then. Maybe grab a 3770K and sell this one and wait til the Haswell-E comes out next year. Thanks everyone for your inputs and comments. I accomplished this with your help and am looking forward to the future when I get back to tweaking and adding stuff.
Old June 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Your loop is looking much cleaner!

It's a shame you can't change out the barbs on the mobo block for some compression fittings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
While larger tubing might not provide better cooling performance I still find 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubing looks a little skinny, and 1/2" ID 3/4" OD seems bloated.

IMHO 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing FTW!
Old June 27, 2013, 04:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post
Your loop is looking much cleaner!

It's a shame you can't change out the barbs on the mobo block for some compression fittings.

While larger tubing might not provide better cooling performance I still find 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubing looks a little skinny, and 1/2" ID 3/4" OD seems bloated.

IMHO 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing FTW!
Thanks man. It took a week or so to get it all done. Now I am waiting for goodies from Nils @MDPC. I ordered sleeves for my cables. The fittings that came with the Mobo are annoying so I am going to get me the EKWB block for my board. Going broke day by day
Old July 2, 2013, 09:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile Wood of Death (Wooden PC Desk)

Hello everyone. How's it going? I hope that all is well. So here I am waiting for the sleeves from MDPC (should be here in couple of days) to do my first PSU sleeving job ever! Some of you have known me to be looking for the best case out there. I have wanted to buy the Corsair 900D, NZXT H630, Phantom 820 and so on. However, in the last few days, my dream of making a wood desk with a built-in PC came back to life. I have explored my current desk and thought of ways to modify it and such. My wife thinks it's crazy idea but she's at the same time looking forward to what I can do. She has no idea that I have started to blueprints.

I have downloaded Google sketchup and currently making the outlines and what not. It will be made out of solid wood with acrylic window up top. I currently don't have anyone to sponsor me on this so I'll do what I can and I am really looking forward to buy my own supplies. I may use my current wood desk and work with it to minimise the cost of materials. The machine will of course be watercooled. I am looking forward to a lot of inputs.

I will use my current rig for the build and upgrade to Core i7 Extreme platform when Haswell-E comes out if not IB-E. As as I said, I'm in the initial designing phase and will upload design images as I go.

Does anyone know where I can find computer parts models for the sketchup program?

Last edited by hero1; August 13, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old July 2, 2013, 11:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile First sketches

Here are my first sketches. I am still working on it. I have decided to go with 2x420mm radiators and also use the 240mm that I have now and sell the 280mm rad.
Attached Images

Old July 2, 2013, 11:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Let me know what you guys think so far
Old July 3, 2013, 06:46 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm very excited! One of my good friends has always ranted about making one of these. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I always wondered about mounting the motherboard. Is it possible to tap motherboard mounting screw holes in wood and just have the board mounted on a wood panel?