Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Here's a pic of my Max V Formula with the EK Motherboard block. Even with 2 90 degrees it was a tight fit! The piece of tube between the 2 fittings must be an inch and half top!

Maybe you could try something like that :

Take 1 3/8" ID Tubing - Barb - Chrome

Plus 1 2-way L Block Crossconnect Adapter - Silver BP-LM

Put the barb on one end of the 2-way block and literally connect this barb with the barb on the mosfet block with a small piece of tubing then add one compression fitting on the other end of the 2-way block and from there connect it to the inlet with the 45 degree you already have.

So it would cost you 1 barb, 1 2-way block and 1 compression fitting.

It's just an idea ;)

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old June 11, 2013, 10:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile Reworked the Inlet-Outlet: Final

So I decided to go ahead and do this tonight and I just finished it. Here're the pics. There's a slight kink on the tube coming from the chipset going to the CPU but I can live with it for now. I am still exploring options on how to fix it. I never got a kink with the Primochill tube that came with EKWB H30 240 HFX kit, so I might grab that type of tube sometime next week. Need to take a break from this thing. I removed the 3-way adapter completely will only put it back when I get a second GPU and Phanteks Enthoo Primo case.

Thanks guys for keeping me on my toes and honest. I am a perfectionist and I knew this build was going to get better as I get more inputs. I couldn't have done this without your help, all of you
Attached Images

Old June 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post
Here's a pic of my Max V Formula with the EK Motherboard block. Even with 2 90 degrees it was a tight fit! The piece of tube between the 2 fittings must be an inch and half top!

Maybe you could try something like that :

Take 1 3/8" ID Tubing - Barb - Chrome

Plus 1 2-way L Block Crossconnect Adapter - Silver BP-LM

Put the barb on one end of the 2-way block and literally connect this barb with the barb on the mosfet block with a small piece of tubing then add one compression fitting on the other end of the 2-way block and from there connect it to the inlet with the 45 degree you already have.

So it would cost you 1 barb, 1 2-way block and 1 compression fitting.

It's just an idea ;)
Nice setup man

Thanks for this info. I have done modifications already but I think I might go ahead and pull the tirgger on the EKWB block when I get a second card and better case.
Old June 12, 2013, 09:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The kink is gone. Looks like the tube healed itself. Woohooo!!!
Old June 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks 100x better without the drain! Good job!
Old June 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyea View Post
Looks 100x better without the drain! Good job!
Thanks mate. Yeah I agree with you. It has been a journey worth travelling indeed. I like the way it ended up and the fact that I received a lot of inputs on how to, made it worth a while. I hope this helps you with yours.

Now I just pace around trying to make time fly so I can grab that Phanteks case and second card. Talk about addiction.
Old June 12, 2013, 10:21 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Question though. Wouldnt the loop be a bit better if you had the pump outlet go into the video card first, then cpu/mb, and the rads after? Also, are you have any bubbling/gurgling in the top of the lower rad as it seems to be a tad bit higher than the res?
Old June 12, 2013, 10:25 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyea View Post
Question though. Wouldnt the loop be a bit better if you had the pump outlet go into the video card first, then cpu/mb, and the rads after? Also, are you have any bubbling/gurgling in the top of the lower rad as it seems to be a tad bit higher than the res?
It was better temps wise with when I had it exactly the way you described it. But I don't have enough tube atm to change it. There's not bubbling or gurgling at all but I did consider flipping the radiator at one point. The way it is now, it minimises the distance between the two rads.
Old June 12, 2013, 03:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Hello guys. So I realised that I can make this build even better until I get my dream case, add another card and big SSD. I will be going to mount the res directly to the pump using my Bitspower 3-way splitter. and have the top of the res intake the returning water.
Attached Images

Old June 12, 2013, 04:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Much cleaner, looks great.