Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2013, 02:15 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEAR View Post
Thanks hero, that card you got comin' should be freakin' awesome. For me its damn near time to upgrade the MoBo to a Z77 chipset, doesn't that figure though...get it to where ya want it and hardware starts to time out...lol. I wouldn't mind goin' to a bigger tubing which itself is no biggy, but the cost of fittings is holding me back. I've hear of guys using a 3/8s tube on a 1/2 barb and not even using a clamp although you gotta heat the tube with major hot water before it'll go on but it ain't comin off...lol. To tell the truth the only forum I've really used is Daz's, the guys there, snef, bungwirez, gdesmo(who has the sweetest PSU main power cables you have ever seen) and for sure even Daz himself along with the other dudes are awesomely helpful not only in water cooling but modding in general as well. Not that this forum and others don't have anything to offer its just so much easier using the knowledge of guys in one place, plus its just a great bunch of guys over there. For me its not just the water cooling but the friendships made within the community. Daz should open a West Coast branch for all us here on the "Wet Coast"!!
I am kicking myself for not taking the express shipping option for it which meant it would have been here today around 5pm EST. I do think it is time for you to upgrade the board for sure. Things should get a bit cheaper in mid June but they might start restricting the flow of Z77 boards to push for sell of Z88.

I agree with you that the fittings are the issue when it comes to costs. They are that much expensive but also the almost non-existence difference in cooling potential makes it difficult to switch. I will consider it in the future for sure. My tube is 3/8" ID and the fittings have 1/2" OD so the tube is tight and I didn't even have to heat it up to make it through but coming off isn't easy at all. So to use 1/2" ID tube, I'd have to buy fittings that are 3/4" OD to make it snugly tight like it is atm.

I did look around that forum and they do have good people there who have good amount of know how to modding and such. I like it here but I do frequent other tech sites. I intend to join that forum soon as my system takes off once the card arrives. And I think that the reason Daz doesn't have a West Coast outlet is due to the cost of renting or owning a facility. Let's hope he opens one soon to help easy the burden on shipping costs.
Old June 1, 2013, 04:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

I just hope that one of these vendors will have the NZXF H630 come Monday morning so I can grab a bigger rad from Dazmode ASAP and add to the loop. Darn it!

EDIT: Looks like I chose the wrong shipping method for my card. I chose ground instead or expedited now I am looking to either get it by Friday or Tuesday next week. Grrrrr!!

Last edited by hero1; June 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old June 5, 2013, 09:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey guys. How is it going? I hope everyone is well. I need some opinion on what I should do with respect to getting a case. I have been waiting for the NZXT H630 to come out and so far nothing yet and I saw this Nanoxia - Turn on German Engineering and this Phanteks CPU Coolers and Fans

I want a case that can hold a triple 140 mm fan rad (420mm) up top since I am getting a second eVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper and therefore more cooling is needed and silence. I want the case to be quiet and able to fix this https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...40mm_radiator/ and the floor has to be able to accommodate my current rad which is this https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...20mm_radiator/ What do you guys think?
Old June 7, 2013, 02:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Hello fellas. So I got new stuff today and proceeded to completing the rig. I got new XSPC 280 rad, several fittings, EWKB top for DCP 4.0 which turned out to be too small to deal with (RMA), and and and my eVGA GTX 780 HC.

So for now the rig is done but I will be selling my current res and DCP 4.0 pump and replace them with a DDC pump and different res. And also get a better case with more room to work with.
Attached Images

Old June 7, 2013, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lots off tubes :)

Looks good howes your temps ? idle and load ?
Old June 7, 2013, 03:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just fire the machine. Yeah tons of tubes hence my need to have the pump and res combined into one unit. I need to get a couple of angled adapters since I have a kink, not a bad one, going from CPU block to motherboard block up there and one from the card to the rad. Ordering as I type. Then I will do some temp tests.
Old June 7, 2013, 03:54 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Niiiiccceeee hero, glad to see you got 'er up and runnin' bro!!
Old June 7, 2013, 04:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEAR View Post
Niiiiccceeee hero, glad to see you got 'er up and runnin' bro!!
Thanks man. I have a few things to fix and that means a bit more spending. Here's my log for temps with everything stressed to the max. I ran it for 45 minutes. CPU running on stock clocks and so does the GPU @980 MHz

EDIT: I just checked and I had the CPU running at 4.5 GHz with 1.280 Vcore. So the temps are good I think. I want them to be lower than 56 so low 50s. The room temperature right now is 23 degrees Celsius which means the deltas for Average (25.6) and maximum is (33) degrees Celsius. Now off to running Unigine Valleys and see how high the temps go since Aida 64 shows very night low 30s.
Attached Images

Last edited by hero1; June 7, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old June 7, 2013, 04:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

Here's my score for Unigine Valley. My temps indicated by the test never breached 30 degrees Celsius. I did encounter some screen freezing when I switched to 2560x1440 with 4AA, High Quality. So I don't know what is causing it. The test showed the GPU clock @1320 MHz with Memory @3004 MHz. Any suggestion as to what I should do to get rid of the freezing issue when benchmarking at 2560x1440P?
Attached Images

Old June 7, 2013, 04:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hey, I'm immortalized in your images!

Nice to see you are using a standard fan set up now. I'm sure you will also optimize the tubing layout. This case is huge, I'm not sure what kind of case will have more space????

Nice set up!
Heatware