Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2013, 03:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey guys. How are you all doing? I hope all is well. I have bad news, well not that bad but still bad. I will not be able to start working on this build until mid September as we are moving from our current place. I was hoping to get a house but wife wants to save more money and have a huge down payment, think 25-30%. So, I will be using our friends garage once we are settled in our new apartment. I did get a couple of things together but I don't know how long the build is going to take me. I am currently about to grab a Sony NEX5 and awaiting my Antec HCP 1000W Platinum for my sleeving work. So be prepared for some sexy cable sleeving photos!
Old July 9, 2013, 05:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Hey guys. How are you all doing? I hope all is well. I have bad news, well not that bad but still bad. I will not be able to start working on this build until mid September as we are moving from our current place. I was hoping to get a house but wife wants to save more money and have a huge down payment, think 25-30%. So, I will be using our friends garage once we are settled in our new apartment. I did get a couple of things together but I don't know how long the build is going to take me. I am currently about to grab a Sony NEX5 and awaiting my Antec HCP 1000W Platinum for my sleeving work. So be prepared for some sexy cable sleeving photos!
Looking forward to the sexy cable sleeving pictures . . . good luck with the move

Cheers

Fen
Old July 11, 2013, 09:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Fenny View Post
Looking forward to the sexy cable sleeving pictures . . . good luck with the move

Cheers

Fen
Thanks man. I will keep it updated as I go.
Old July 15, 2013, 08:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default PSU Sleeving

So I got my Antec HCP-Platinum 1000 Watt. Sleeved the PCI-E and 8-Pin EPS cable. Now I am stuck with the mess that is the 24-Pin ATX cable. I am not sure what to do. Some wires are doubled up, start in the same hole and end in 3-4 holes apart at the other terminal. How in the world do I sleeve that?

Last edited by hero1; July 15, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old July 15, 2013, 11:50 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Figured it out while I was finishing my pci-e cables.

EDIT: Apparently didn't figure it out. It turned out that the cables are a real mess and I might have to order some crimps from Dazmode if I really want to have it work.

Last edited by hero1; July 16, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old July 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Advises will be appreciated. The situation is like this.

Wire A shares a port and crimp with wire B on the plug that goes into the PSU. Then they separate into different ports on the 24-Pin ATX connector but Wire B has another wire sharing the same crimp and port on the 24-Pin ATX connector. So the only solution I can think of is to take them apart and sleeve then and then crimp them back together. Or can I just buy wires and run it the way I want it to?
Old July 17, 2013, 12:27 AM

My System Specs

That would be one of the reasons why I suggested Silverstone. They are a whole lot less complicated.

You definitely can't just plug the wires were you want them.

For cables that have two wires in a single pin you could create a Y cable, that way you avoid two cables in one crimp.
Old July 17, 2013, 10:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
That would be one of the reasons why I suggested Silverstone. They are a whole lot less complicated.

You definitely can't just plug the wires were you want them.

For cables that have two wires in a single pin you could create a Y cable, that way you avoid two cables in one crimp.
I remembered your suggestion right after I hit the wall with this PSU. I just shook my head and now I am going to try your idea. Or might just sell the PSU and a silverstone!
Old July 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I feel so screwed with this one man. I really do. And I am going to have to redo the heat shrinks on the PCI-E and EPS cables since they're too long for my liking. Modding pains.
Old July 17, 2013, 01:06 PM

My System Specs

Why aren't you doing shrinkless sleeving? It is way easier.