Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2013, 09:09 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice work mate. I was wondering as to why you didn't place one of the rads in the top compartment to make it more clean. Do you have anything planned for that area?
Old August 3, 2013, 06:58 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Nice work mate. I was wondering as to why you didn't place one of the rads in the top compartment to make it more clean. Do you have anything planned for that area?
Short answer:
yes.

Long answer:

I had planed to put an Alphacool ST30 but at the time of putting my order through only one e-store had it and nothing else I needed. So I read the specs on the XSPC rad and it said 30 mm. But when I checked it out it was 30 mm rad core with a body of 34 mm . At the fittings its even more thicker. At 34 mm it was to thick to place in side.

Like the rest of this project it is one step forward, two steps back. But I love this challenge. The project has evolved to its challenges it has met.

Eveolution baby
Old August 3, 2013, 10:22 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I hope it all works out in the end. Thanks for explaining the rads placement choice.
Old August 10, 2013, 05:18 AM
Top Prospect

Here is a video of my first time bending acrylic sheet to form a custom fan shroud. This was my first time bending acylic and first video I edited my self.
*in the end I bought a high powered heat gun*

Acrylic Bending For Custom Mac Pro fan shroud
Old August 10, 2013, 06:42 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
Here is a video of my first time bending acrylic sheet to form a custom fan shroud. This was my first time bending acylic and first video I edited my self.

Old August 10, 2013, 07:37 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

That is awesome. Can't wait to have a little workshop to do these things.
Old August 11, 2013, 07:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

Awesome!!!!!!!!! I love seeing procedures like this which look like they might be reproducible in my home. :)

How compressed is that vid? How long did it take to get it bent to the proper shape?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 11, 2013, 03:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:

Good one.
Old August 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by onin View Post
That is awesome. Can't wait to have a little workshop to do these things.
You don't need much to start. I started modding about 8 years ago with just a couple of screw drivers and drill. Over the years have gained a room full of tools. But it all started in my bedroom with a couple of tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Awesome!!!!!!!!! I love seeing procedures like this which look like they might be reproducible in my home. :)

How compressed is that vid? How long did it take to get it bent to the proper shape?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Good one.
The video is X8 fast for the time lapse part. Mind you when I bought a heat gun it took only 3 mins to bend and 10 mins to cool. As far as the at home procedures, wouldn't have it any other way. There is only one component in this build that I had to get laser cut. It should be arriving sometime early this week.

Here is a little preview

Old September 23, 2013, 01:25 PM
Top Prospect

So its has been a long time since I last did an update. But I have allots of goodies to show you now. First is the custom motherboard tray, custom I/O shield and backplate.

Oh I forgot to mansion Sponsored.
The Laser Hive
Laser Design, Cutting and Engraving at an affordable price

First mod was to cut the original exhaust fan bracket and shape it to fit with the I/O shield.

Two holes where drilled to allow the two bulk head fittings through.

Here is what its looks like right now.

Full res pics over at
Mi-PCs.com - Home

Umbra Aqua - Mac Pro Mod Video Update #2