Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old February 4, 2013, 01:04 PM
BrainEater's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,509
Default Free stuff !

I got this as a gift from a friend ;



-----

Cheers Jack , I'll getter going !.

__________________
Intel 3930k /rIVe/32 Gb vengeance LP/Nvidia TITAN/760/760/Intel 520's/WD raptors/etc...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old February 4, 2013, 01:12 PM
Soullessone21's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 1,322

My System Specs

Default

I get what the light switches are but what is all the rest of it ???
__________________
Follow us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/realhardwarereviews?ref=hl
Site and Forum online
http://forums.realhardwarereviews.com/index.php
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old February 4, 2013, 01:44 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
I get what the light switches are but what is all the rest of it ???
Programable power switches that you can control via a remote to either allow or lock something down. Motion sensors too it seems.

GOod example is the one on my Garage. THat way even if someone gets the frequency right for the opener, there is no power to the unit :)

Cool stuff mate, I have used stuff like that for years, its fun!

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old February 5, 2013, 08:41 AM
BrainEater's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,509
Default

Yea they are " x-10" controllers.

The lightswitches replace the existing ones in a house , the rest are 'plug-in' lamp controllers/appliance controllers.The lamp contollers all do programmable dimming etc..

They allow you to contol anything connected by remote control..I've even got the 'connect-to-computer' stuff.

X-10 controllers use power line communication.The IR sensors allow you to create automatic-on lights , etc...

check out : Buy at Smarthome - Dimmers, Lighting & Appliance Control

__________________
Intel 3930k /rIVe/32 Gb vengeance LP/Nvidia TITAN/760/760/Intel 520's/WD raptors/etc...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old February 5, 2013, 09:08 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Yea they are " x-10" controllers.

The lightswitches replace the existing ones in a house , the rest are 'plug-in' lamp controllers/appliance controllers.The lamp contollers all do programmable dimming etc..

They allow you to contol anything connected by remote control..I've even got the 'connect-to-computer' stuff.

X-10 controllers use power line communication.The IR sensors allow you to create automatic-on lights , etc...

check out : Buy at Smarthome - Dimmers, Lighting & Appliance Control


Yuppers, though my X10 Controller is much older style than yours the units themselves are the same. Powerline control works great, nice free grab there mate. I enjoyed getting mine all setup, X10 makes good reasonable gear.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old February 5, 2013, 05:16 PM
BrainEater's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Yuppers, though my X10 Controller is much older style than yours the units themselves are the same. Powerline control works great, nice free grab there mate. I enjoyed getting mine all setup, X10 makes good reasonable gear.

-ST

Hehe....I have 5 contollers actually.....That pic was paired down.I bet we have some of the same stuff.

__________________
Intel 3930k /rIVe/32 Gb vengeance LP/Nvidia TITAN/760/760/Intel 520's/WD raptors/etc...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old February 5, 2013, 07:53 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Hehe....I have 5 contollers actually.....That pic was paired down.I bet we have some of the same stuff.

No doubt, do you have the master unit (white box with two rows of keys all the way down numbered) ?

Just as a note, when I was playing around with it once I forgot I had a compter hooked into one and hit the wrong button. Ahhhh good times wondering why the hell it wouldn't power on.
PEBKAC moment at its finest. Let me know what you end up doing with them,

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Photograph's Stuff - Amp, Guitar, Quadro FX, CPU&Mobo, Networking, VR Headset Photograph Buy/Sell & Trade 53 June 20, 2013 09:20 AM
[FS] Free Stuff!!!!11!!! - GONE! FlyingFish Buy/Sell & Trade 26 November 24, 2011 06:58 AM
I love free stuff lcdguy Storage 0 July 30, 2010 04:41 PM
[FS] FREE - bunch of old stuff Mr. Friendly Buy/Sell & Trade 3 April 4, 2010 02:48 PM
[FS] FREE Old Cisco stuff Dazmode Buy/Sell & Trade 0 September 6, 2009 11:12 AM