Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2013, 06:13 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default U2-UFO BUILD

Well got my cube the other day (used so cleaned it all up) ordered allot of toys for it this weekend from Daze and MM.
Been thinking allot about the wiring and general tubing runs, mostly wiring is on my mind or I should say cable management. Not after a Lowfat type of build but do want to keep it organized. Was thinking something along the lines of the aliens nesting area in the movie.
So basically my rig will be going in there from my level10 gt. Also have a NZXT fan controller that is going to create allot of the wiring nightmare in this case.
On the other hand could loss it and get a couple bitspower wire stations and use the on fan controllers to handle the lower fan speed I wanna run.

For now have ordered 7 gelid wing green fans and uv green tubing from daze, plus some fingerguards.
Mountain Mods have ordered a new pullout motherboard tray in mirrored black to handle my e-atx sniper3 board, was nervous the matx/atx one in the case now would not work when the time come to transfer it all all over. Plus ordered 4 spider fan grills for the front of case.

Noticed in previous builds Lowfat was using the back of the motherboard tray for mounting his wiring. Now I was wondering if maybe drilling a few holes in the motherboard tray then using say a few kelly screws used to hold steel studs together for framers and a few flat pieces of plastic to create wire runs would work. Also would use this same method on the bottom of the case to keep things organized. Or maybe some suggestions from anyone?

Case has smoked left and right acrylic sides and a big window top so everything will be more visible from above idea.

For now am only going to be adding in my system in my rig and later will add a new triple xspc rad too the front (cant afford it right now so it will come a week or 2 later than the build).

So basically am after some idea too not make this a rats nest of wiring, cable management to me so far has been to jam the right side cover on and try like hell to get the 2 thumbscrews in.

Power supply will be going in the back bottom right side of this case behind the motherboard idea and this is an 18" cube 4 fans on front(triple rad added in later), 240 rad above power supply in the back right side. One more exhaust fan on rear motherboard tray. To give u an idea of layout am using.

This case calls for some wire management so am open to any idea's or experience's with this type of a build you guys may have.

Thx for taking the time to read this long post and any help I get.

Last edited by nasrott; February 8, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old February 4, 2013, 02:38 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

pictures might help. i didnt even bother reading post.
Old February 4, 2013, 02:49 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Just have the raw case so far not much to take pictures of.
MountainMods.com - Custom Computer Cases and Accessories have the u2-ufo
Old February 4, 2013, 03:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thread moved to Worklogs.
Old February 4, 2013, 03:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

have a rough pic here from my phone, it is sitting next to lanboy-air

What I am putting in it

plus plan to add 7 fans and a triple rad(later on)

Last edited by nasrott; February 5, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old February 4, 2013, 04:18 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Last edited by nasrott; February 5, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old February 5, 2013, 02:49 PM
Top Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqRp2eRHlS8
Wiring ideas, case looking familiar?
lol.
Old February 5, 2013, 03:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ya thx blue watched both your videos yesterday didn't look that bad really, think was getting worried for no reason, first order from Daz arrived today he never seems to disappoint ordered sat arrived today, normal del rate. Looked Like MM stuff was still in Oregon.
Old February 5, 2013, 08:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Got the fans installed, well some of them, still waiting on the MM order for the proper fan covers for the front, motherboard tray, ect. The silicon plugs are a pita, wish they would have included screws also. Tubing came in also, not sure if I am going to use it yet though, seems like is going to be allot of green.

I see uv black, anyone tried it? Have had black in the past and seems like a really bad dirt magnet although it wasn't uv, if that even matters.

Broke allot of the silicon plugs fighting to install them, they need to double what is in the fan boxes for just that reason. Plus some black fan screws would have been nice. I kow they are after silence but something better to attach these would have bere nice. Looks like and off shopping again once order my new triple rad for case screws also bolts in black.

Anyway here is the 5 I put in so far only 2 will stay later with the silicon plugs.

Last edited by nasrott; February 5, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old February 5, 2013, 08:48 PM
Top Prospect

Cool fan colour, yeah looks like black fan screws would look better. I got mine dirt cheap on ebay but bolts are way easier to take the fans in and out of the case :D Glad the case didn't get nicked during shipping, if it gets dusty I found flat black is easier to clean with a damp cloth.