Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2013, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Blue Fire

Blue Fire
Hi Guys! Some of you may or may not know about my punctured rad incident...

Since then, I have been using a zalman air cooler, until my rad got fixed. Well it has been fixed for about a week, and I STILL haven't put it back in my system... Why you might ask?

I was on kijiji and found a guy selling a haf 912 for 25$... BNIB. So Im going to pick it up in 2 weeks hopefully. If not, I will re-use my Bitfenix Shinobi.

I'm going to paint the rig and spice up my loop a little.

First things first though:

I was looking at my old g510 keyboard, and I had tried to sell it on here but nobody wanted it (not a big suprize, it was missing 2 keys). I loved the LCD screen that came with it, just because it was so darn cool to be able to see vent ping, or game stats. My modding bug creeped in and I thought, "Why cant I take the LCD screen out, and fit it in my case somewhere?"

So here we are...

These are basically the compnents, +/- a few.
i5 2500k,
Asus p8z68 v-pro
gtx 470
gtx 260 (maybe)
8 gb Dominator ram
HX750
XSPC W/c

The G510 screen is next... NAILBITER!!

Its wayyy to long to fit anywhere in my case... So lets trim the pcb...

AND... IT WORKS!! :)

Still dont know where Im going to put it, but this log will definitely be updated more and more in the coming weeks.... Definitely not going to be a series of days :P Im graduating from University this year, so I've got lots of work to do.

Btw, gotta say a big THANK YOU to all the people on here. Without you guys, i'd be stuck with a gtx 260, and no water blocks for the 470 :P

Check back for updates!! Im pretty sure my next one will be painting the fans... and Showing off the color scheme :P (Which may or may not be blue, even the name is undecided)

I guess I should start by telling you my plans too haha;
1. I ordered some blue and black paracord from ebay, along with blue and black heat shrink.. I want to sleeve the PSU, and make it match the color scheme.

2. Im going to be repainting my case, regardless which one I use. My Shinobi needs a new coat, and the HAF 912 isnt painted on the inside. Colors will be flat/satin Black with gloss blue highlights.

3. Going to paint my cougar/XSPC fans blue. Probably using Krylon paint & primer

4.Going to plumb my water loop, using black 3/8 tubing, and probably going to paint my RX240 blue. After I had the punture fixed it looks like a mad scientists rad lol

5. Find a place to put the g510 lcd... And figure out about cutting botton holes, or how I will manage to make them work. I've got an idea, but plans change :P

6. Anything else.

Sold Items:
Steelseries Siberia V2 to MAK
Zalman Fan Controller, OCZ Mem Fan Funguseater

Lots of bad things happen in life all the time. You can't control them, so just be happy!

Last edited by Trocko; February 2, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old February 2, 2013, 03:25 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Kewl mod with the LCD from the keyboard. Will be following along.
Old February 4, 2013, 09:42 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Heres a lil update:
Went to CT today to pick up some supplies.. ;)

Going to have some fun on Spring Break!!
also, IC Diamond was really hard on my Rasa... going to have to lap it back

And finally... Heres what Im thinking for the front/side of the case. Not sure where im going to put it, but its my plan.

Stay tuned!!

Sold Items:

Lots of bad things happen in life all the time. You can't control them, so just be happy!
Old February 4, 2013, 10:29 AM

My System Specs

You don't want to lap the block. That will ruin its performance. All modern waterblocks are bowed to get good mounting pressure over the CPU die. Just use ketchup or Brasso to clean the block. If you use Brasso make sure you use alcohol or something afterward to get the chemicals off the block as they could affect temperatures.
Old February 4, 2013, 02:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

lowfat: dang :S I wish I had've checked back earlier. Well, we will see how much performance i lost once i get everything here in the coming days/weeks. It normally idles around 27-35 with a 5 ghz OC, so we
ll see :SSS

As for a tiny update, I do quite like the blue on the fans... Also, sorry for the abysmal picture quality. The iPhone leaves much to be desired. Over Spring Break i'll commadere my father's Cannon.

Sold Items:

Old February 4, 2013, 04:14 PM

My System Specs

I guess I shouldn't have said ruin performance. The difference won't be large. A degree or two maybe. Depending how far you took it.

The blue fan definitely looks better.
Old February 6, 2013, 12:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So heres a small update, no pics... sorry.

I leaktested my rad, juuuusttt to be sure, after it got punctured 2 weeks ago... and after i came to the conclusion that it was good, i decided to syphone my loop instead of holding it up and yeah... Trying to be more efficient see?

Well, lets just say that to anyone who wonders, Switech Hydrx tastes awful. Thank god for rum.

Sold Items:

Old February 8, 2013, 06:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nother lil update, no pics again, well, no real pics. I put the WC system back in cause i got my Liquid Ultra TIM today..... I LOVE IT.

I have never seen temps that low ... for me at least. using an RX240, rasa cpu block and xspc dual bay res pump 750.

Im quite pleased, even though the voltage is higher than it used to be, ive got the tuner warranty from intel, so if the chip dies, i can get a new, maybe better one! :)

Sold Items:

Old February 9, 2013, 12:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice overclock and great temps

wicked build