Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/)
-   -   WIP 3930K watercooled Colossus (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/case-mods-worklog-gallery/59462-3930k-watercooled-colossus.html)

Astaroth February 1, 2013 04:11 PM

3930K watercooled Colossus

2 Attachment(s)
It's not finished but it's up and running. Cabling is messy because I bought a Silverstone CPU sleeved adapter. An adapter that only works with Silverstone PSUs - doh! My 280 Phobya rad in the roof keeps the cable tucked away really snug. Which also means I'm having trouble getting it out.

I rather cut the cable then have to move the radiator to get it out in one piece :biggrin:. It's currently why cabling is all over the place. Good news it runs and no leaks. Just thought I snap a quick pic to show it to the world before I get time to get it organized. Kicks the crap out of my old AM2 setup.

Specs:
BitFenix Colossus Case
i7 3930K -> Koolance 370 waterblock
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe -> Heatkiller MB-SET for P9X79 nickel
4x8gb 32gb G.SKILL Ripjaws
Sapphire 6950 ref /w 6970 BIOS -> Koolance AR697 full cover
Corsair TX750M
Intel 240gb 520 SSD
Kingston 128gb SSD
*various mechanical drives*

Radiators:
Phobya GChanger 280 in the roof /w 140mm Bit Fenix Spectre pros (exhaust)
EK Coolstream 120 in the rear /w Noctua 120mm (intake)
Alpha Cool Monsta 120 in front drivebays /w push pull Corsair SP120 (intake)

Pumps etc:
Dazmode D5 vario
EK D5 pump top
Phobya Balancer 150 (Swapped out 250 cylinder to fill res easier)
PrimoChill Primoflex advanced RT (after two sh1tty batches of their old tubing I might be an idiot for giving them another chance)
Assortment of EK, Koolance, Bitspower, and Aqua Tuning fittings.

BONUS:
How to fix crappy WIFI reception on your Asus antenna. Take the antenna out of the plastic housing. From 50% signal to 100%

Astaroth February 8, 2013 04:23 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Now that I've done my long winded intro blurb I'm going to rewind. Rewind to share some build progress pics & hardware shots. Couple of which showcasing Daz Mode's slick new packaging.

Astaroth February 8, 2013 04:27 PM

7 Attachment(s)
These ones are a bit dark but here's the visual process of me figuring out my tubing and fitting angles.

Astaroth February 8, 2013 04:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Now lets fast forward to the present, got a proper CPU sleeve extension (BitFenix), and here's everything cabled neatly. Still waiting on an adapter cable to hook up my blu-ray slim. Just enough room for it in the top optical bay. USB3.0 front plugs and 2.5 inch hot swap to boot.

radish February 8, 2013 08:19 PM

nice start. keep it up! post some shots of your case.

Bungwirez February 8, 2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astaroth (Post 689378)
...top optical bay. USB3.0 front plugs and 2.5 inch hot swap to boot...

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...s-dsc_0624.jpg

why for you be teasing me this way... point me to this heavenly product. :whistle:

Father Fuzzy February 8, 2013 11:44 PM

Looks Great Astaroth

I agree with Bungz
where can we get that
I have similiar silverstone...but want that!

Thats some serious Beef you got going on there Sir!

Keywork February 9, 2013 01:02 PM

Also interested in the DVD-USB3-2.5" hotswap bay combo thingy!

Astaroth February 9, 2013 08:40 PM

What can I say, I'm a miracle worker. You will have to source your own drive, but "samsung slim blu-ray" on ebay should do the trick:
Newegg.ca - SYBA SY-MRA55005 Multipurpose 5.25" Bay Adapter for Slim Optical Drive and 2.5" SATA I / II / III
Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Fuzzy (Post 689435)
Looks Great Astaroth

I agree with Bungz
where can we get that
I have similiar silverstone...but want that!

Thats some serious Beef you got going on there Sir!

Thanks Fuzzy. My X79 experience hasn't been the smoothest, but I regret nothing. :punk:

Father Fuzzy February 10, 2013 08:23 PM

:thumb:Thanks astaroth for the link to that slickness:thumb:

3 in my cart woo hoo :punk: