Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2013, 09:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Great Looking so far, I have a colossus as well and I love it so very much :)
I do have one question though, why did you choose that orientation for the PSU? If you ever get a leak its going right in the grill, and that, could be bigger issues than anything else.

Eitherway, lovin' it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 11, 2013, 03:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I love my Colossus too. Think it's been about three years now with this case. Close to it anyway.

Why did I choose to put my PSU that way? What if stuff leaks? I have complete confidence in my own work and components selection so that it won't. So it doesn't. I tighten my fittings correctly. Therefore, they don't piss onto components.

I'm not talking about faith either. I built it the best I can, so I know it's not going to f#ck up. Been that way ever since I've watercooled and never yet a problem.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
I love my Colossus too. Think it's been about three years now with this case. Close to it anyway.

Why did I choose to put my PSU that way? What if stuff leaks? I have complete confidence in my own work and components selection so that it won't. So it doesn't. I tighten my fittings correctly. Therefore, they don't piss onto components.

I'm not talking about faith either. I built it the best I can, so I know it's not going to f#ck up. Been that way ever since I've watercooled and never yet a problem.
Fair enough, I wasn't doubting your work. Nothing built by man is flawless so I always air on the side of caution when doing such things, but if you believe in it, then so be it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old February 11, 2013, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

Soul believes, as do I, in Murhy's law.

Last edited by stoanee; February 13, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old February 13, 2013, 12:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

You could've just posted the relevant bold one instead of tl;dr my thread.
Quote:
SoulTribunal: Nothing built by man is flawless so I always air on the side of caution when doing such things, but if you believe in it, then so be it.
My build is far from flawless, but in terms of worrying about it leaking: Nope. I worry about it as much as I'd worry about a meteorite landing on my head. More important things to worry about. I can appreciate your fear and anxiety of things going wrong, but I don't share it.
Old February 13, 2013, 07:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
You could've just posted the relevant bold one instead of tl;dr my thread.
My build is far from flawless, but in terms of worrying about it leaking: Nope. I worry about it as much as I'd worry about a meteorite landing on my head. More important things to worry about. I can appreciate your fear and anxiety of things going wrong, but I don't share it.
No fear nor anxiety here mate. Just observation

Regardless, its a nice build in a great case.

-ST

Old April 12, 2013, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Did some work today. It was held up as I waiting an eternity for my slim drive cable. Then It turns out the cable was just short enough that I needed to get a longer one. More waiting for that one. Then finally decided to put it together. I didn't bother cabling the hot swap drive. Don't think I'll use it that much to be honest. Needed it mainly for the optical & USB3.0 front panel. This is an older version of the Colossus case with the super awkward USB3.0 PCB. Not the green PCB model, but the second beige revision after that. Had to remove it to accommodate the 280mm rad. All that's left will be to wire the top panel back in. Then I won't have anything to throw money at until I snap and get a new GPU.
Attached Images

Old May 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

looks good! love how the ram is on both sides of the cpu. Ive never seen that before
Old May 27, 2013, 05:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks. Look for more builds using LGA2011 motherboards, and you will see the Quad channel layout like mine or similar.

Still working away on this build. Very slowly... :)
Old May 29, 2013, 01:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Micro update. Thar be dust. I've changed the arrangement of the SSD's, by installing a drive sled upside down. I also installed a 230mm Spectre pro fan in the front to replace the stock one. I can easily say my most unpleasant experience with a BitFenix product to date. I got away with using rad screws on 140mm pros, but for the 230mm I had to tap the threads with the provided screws. Both frustrating and an immense waste of time to get them perfect. Self tapping screws my butt. /end rant
Attached Images