Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2012, 10:23 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomie View Post
The reservoir has two separate compartments, with the ability to parallel them (take out a plug and make one large reservoir, which I have done)
I did this so that the water from the CPU and GPU will mix giving a constant ambient temperature from the two loops and so that one loop won't run hotter than the other.
I see what you did now. I had thought of something like this when I was first planning my own loop, but from what I understand your temps wouldn't be that much different if you only had one loop that went directly from CPU to GPU, because of how fast the water if flowing through the loop the difference in temperature between the hottest and coldest part of your loop is not much more than 1 degree celcius.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMatt View Post
Firstly I would like to congratulate you on a beautiful build.

My question is on the cut outs at the bottom for the 240mm radiator you use some kind of rubber to go around the edges of the cut. What is that stuff called?

Thanks Matt

Thanks AussieMatt! That stuff would be called U-Channel molding as the guys at MNPCTECH.com have named it that U-channel edge molding for PC Mod Window
Old November 15, 2012, 09:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post
I see what you did now. I had thought of something like this when I was first planning my own loop, but from what I understand your temps wouldn't be that much different if you only had one loop that went directly from CPU to GPU, because of how fast the water if flowing through the loop the difference in temperature between the hottest and coldest part of your loop is not much more than 1 degree celcius.
I guess I can't tell you without physically doing it... From the research I did everyone said running your GPU and CPU in series effects the cooling capabilities. By how much, who knows, but I do have to say I'm pretty damn happy with the cooling I'm getting from however I managed to do it!

Would I do it the same way again? Absolutely.