Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2012, 07:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchutch View Post
Beautiful and powerful. I've sleeved before and appreciate the amount of time and effort it must have taken.
Thanks! Have you sleeved with paracord before? I must say I am much happier with the appearance than your average sleeve kit... Plus you don't have to worry about matching the wire insulation :)
Old October 23, 2012, 07:58 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice job Chomie
Paracord looks great
Nice powerful rig you have there
Old October 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Perfect conceptualization and precise execution. Well done.
Old November 3, 2012, 01:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hey guys I was just wondering if its normal to be adding about 60mL of water to my reservoir every 3 months? I've check the system over and over for leaks and haven't seen any signs and my only explanation is that my system is still purging itself of air? I feel this could be the case due to the dual radiator set up and having quite a large system. Any comments?
Old November 3, 2012, 01:53 PM

My System Specs

I can't comment on the amount but it is normal to have to add coolant to a loop. Tubing is actually porous. Water does slowly evaporate through it.
Old November 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks lowfat... worst case scenario I think is that I have a slow leak but the water is evaporating... I guess I won't know until I do maintenance on the system
Old November 6, 2012, 09:34 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Wow I love this. Good job sir.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sure seems like you planned this out to perfection.

I was just curious why you decided on a dual loop? IMHO it would have looked cleaner to go directly from the cpu block to the gpu block, but my preference is for the least amount of tubing possible.
Old November 7, 2012, 04:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post
Sure seems like you planned this out to perfection.

I was just curious why you decided on a dual loop? IMHO it would have looked cleaner to go directly from the cpu block to the gpu block, but my preference is for the least amount of tubing possible.
Its not actually a true dual loop system, ie. there is not one pump for the CPU and one pump for the GPU. Let me try to explain.

The reservoir has two separate compartments, with the ability to parallel them (take out a plug and make one large reservoir, which I have done)
I did this so that the water from the CPU and GPU will mix giving a constant ambient temperature from the two loops and so that one loop won't run hotter than the other.

There are also four "ports" on the back side of the reservoir, P1-In, P1-Out, P2-In, P2-Out. The "P's" refer to Pump 1 & Pump 2, in my case there are two pumps to push water.

Here's how the loops are configured:

1) P1-Out sends water from the reservoir up through the large radiator to get cooled
2) This water then comes back down and goes through the CPU water block
3) Hot water from the CPU block is pushed back into the reservoir through port P2-In CROSSING OVER TO WHAT WE CAN CALL THE GPU LOOP SIDE
4) Port P2-Out pushes water down and through the small radiator
5) The cooled water from this radiator is then pushed through the GPU water block
6) Water then re-enters the port P1-In CROSSING OVER BACK TO THE CPU LOOP SIDE
7) Repeat

Here's my concept thread for this project:

Haf X Water Cooling Loop Concept
Old November 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
Rookie

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on a beautiful build.

My question is on the cut outs at the bottom for the 240mm radiator you use some kind of rubber to go around the edges of the cut. What is that stuff called?

Thanks Matt