Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27, 2012, 05:15 AM
MVP
F@H

I am running the same case and motherboard, I couldn't be happier. I managed to squeeze in a Noctua D14 rather than run water on this rig though.

Before you get a PSU, make sure it fits! As others said, it is SOOOO tight getting a PSU into the Prodigy.

As for watercooling, I would recommend a x355 pump instead of the D5. They are quite powerful and have a footprint that is easier to manage in a SFF water build.

Also have a look at the performance-pcs.com liquid cooled Prodigy -- it's one of the cleaner builds I've seen that includes both top and front mount rads: Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

G'luck.

WORK KANG: Silverstone SG03 | EVGA x58 Micro w/ 920 @ 4.2Ghz | Sapphire 5970 | 12GB Dominator DDR3-2000 | 240GB Revodrive X2 | SilverStone ST650F
MINI KANG: BitFenix Prodigy | Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX w/ 2600K @ 4.5Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1866 | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | Corsair AX650
KANGZILLA: Custom MM Ascension | SR-2 | 2x X5650 | 2x SilverStone ST1000F | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | 15x 120mm rads | Under construction...

Old October 27, 2012, 09:17 AM
MVP

Liu Kang: Thank you for the advice about the waterpump. Will do some research into that. As for the PP Prodigy that is actually where I got my ideas from. That and a Prodigy group on facebook.

On the PSU....Today I went ahead and picked up a Seasonic X-760W since I was in the area of Markham. A friend of mine owed me a favor and since I was helping up chose parts for a build I asked him to pick me up one up as "payment". He agreed and now hoping that I can get it to fit without any problems. May have to do some test fitting. It at least LOOKS small enough.

Now just need a 3770K and a good video card ( still thinking 670 for the small size but with the recent ATI Radeon drivers that may change )

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old October 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm lovin the custom front panel ppc's has made for all of their bitfenix cases. It would be really cheap to get something like that done. I've looked around at shops locally and it's literally pennies per inch of cut and they can do any design.
Old October 27, 2012, 04:42 PM
MVP

So far so good. Just a few more vital parts and then the watercooling parts.

Also got bored and started to mod the 230mm fan...

Replacing those with some nice Oranges LEDS.....when I get some. LOL!!!

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old October 28, 2012, 05:30 AM
MVP

BTW when working with screwdrivers, small and big ones, do not excessively push and make sure that your hand in not in the way. :S

Old October 28, 2012, 07:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mena View Post
So far so good. Just a few more vital parts and then the watercooling parts.

Also got bored and started to mod the 230mm fan...

Replacing those with some nice Oranges LEDS.....when I get some. LOL!!!

why not Get orange led condoms and slip them on tight on those leds;) haha or get high gloss paint and just paint the tip of the led orange so it pushes out orange ???
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old October 28, 2012, 08:42 AM
MVP

Because this way is more fun! LOL!!!!

Old October 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
I once considered a Bitfenix prodigy, but then I found the build quality to be sub-par TBH. When those little mac-handles flex under the weight of the case when empty, it cant be a good sign. Those handles also make the case needlessly bigger and you loose some of the compact feel because of them.
I have the same opinion. I was looking forward to building with it after reading all the positive reviews, but those handles make the case wobbly, and make the case way bigger then it needs to be.
Old October 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The handels are removable with a a few screws.

Its going to lead to some modding but posable.
Old October 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
MVP

okay guys......know of anywhere in canada that I can get a good 180mm rad?