Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the comps Miggs! Dang I totally would have ordered it for you if I knew sorry bud. I would sell you mine but I am confident I will be using it in the future again after this project.
Old November 11, 2012, 07:34 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Nice name change.. can't wait to see some sleeve pics.. Btw I wish I knew you were ordering, would have requested you to get a Pin removal tool for me for the 24pin atx cable, I need hammer the crap down of my paper clip, not the most fun thing to do lol.. and I live like so close to you :p..

All the best for the rest!
Use two separate staples. Once you get use to it you can remove a pin in about 15 seconds. Tools break too easy. At least w/ staples a pack will last your entire lifetime.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So I have a 100 dollar credit at NCIX and I'm not sure what to do with it for this build. There is nothing I really NEED so I'm thinking a) physX card, b) 2nd ssd and raid?, c) mechanical keyboard

As for PhysX I don't know if it's worth it. Will it make much of a difference in gaming? benchmarks? I don't benchmark a ton but I like to overclock and measure my epeen every once in a while. Will I see much benefit? I would then want to water cool it which would cost prob around an extra hundred eventually with waterblock and fittings.

2nd ssd. I don't know anything about raid arrays but I am sure I can easily learn. Is it worth it? Will I notice a difference in speed? I mean does it really get any faster then a single ssd? I don't care for the extra storage but speed is good. Do I have to get 2 identical SSD's?

Mechanical keyboard. I have never used one in my life. I don't know of the glory. I've done a bit of reading and watching videos and I think I would like the brown switches. No clue though. Should I get one? Recommendations? I would like to say under $150 for this preferably under or close to $100 though. To add I have a decent non mechanical keyboard that still works fine and has lasted around 7000 ladder matches of sc2.

So any input would be greatly appreciated guys. I don't want to burn this 100 bucks.
Old November 15, 2012, 08:14 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I would add a second identical ssd for raid 0 you will notice the difference
and double the capacity

physx=blahhhh

Mechanical keyboards are nice but the clicking might drive ya crazy
Old November 15, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the speedy reply Father Fuzzy! I am looking into the different raid setups right now. Not much of a storage user so raid 0 is the way to go for me! Thanks for the suggestion.

The mechanical keyboard wouldn't bother me but maybe I should spare my wife since my PC is in the common area of the house. :D
Old November 15, 2012, 09:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

SSD all the way
Old November 15, 2012, 09:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've always been curious to try a couple of SSDs in raid 0, but if you do even a moderate amount of typing during the day a mechanical keyboard is an absolute joy.

Not all of them are super clicky, I have a ducky with red cherry switches. The red and black switches are linear and don't make anywhere near as much noise as the blue and brown switches which are tactile feedback switches if I am not mistaken. Once you get used to not bottoming out the keys they make even less noise than traditional keyboards.
Old November 17, 2012, 04:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have decided I will both SSD raid 0 and mechanical keyboard. :D

A few updates. Made some sleeving progress.

Getting all set up

before mdpc, after mdpc

The only double wire. :( Far from perfect but it will do for now.

Ooooooh snap! Soullessone21's chip! I'm hoping to run this badboy at 5.0 24/7 but we'll see. I also wouldn't mind getting a dice starter kit or something.

Last edited by Pabz0r545; November 17, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old November 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Allllllllmost done.

Old November 17, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

damn man thats a work of art. very impressed