Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Dwood is awesome. Fantastic work at extremely low prices. I don't understand how he can make any money with the materials and such that he provides, but hey, I won't complain because he does awesome work.
He is awesome. I just gave him a bunch of ideas and showed him pics of my build and he came up with that. He is slow on the response which is totally understandable but he is very patient as I have thrown 1000x ideas at him and changed my mind a bunch. I have too wondered how me makes much of a profit. My guess is that he uses left over peices of metal from the shop there as most stuff he does has quite a small footprint.
Old October 31, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I sure hope the MDPC shows up today and I can go buy me a Silvestone Strider series PSU to sleeve! It's been 8 days where are you?!

On a side note anyone know any good PSU's to sleeve other then the Silverstone Strider? Must have a nice pinout with no crossed wires. The only problem I have with the Striders is no power switch at the back. I don't know why but that kind of bothers me.... should it? I feel like I will accidentally fry my D5 when filling my loop without a switch.
Old October 31, 2012, 07:10 AM
Manufacturer Rep

MDPC only takes about 7 days to reach here in Colorado. Since you're in Canada and you guys have funny customs to go through, it might take a couple days longer.

Every other PSU I've tried other than the Silverstones has a funny pinout (double wires, soldered wires have-way onto one wire, cross wires). I'd go with what you have planned. As for the pump, just grab one of those 24-pin shorting connectors. It will power the PSU on, and you can pull it off to turn the PSU off. Alternatively, I know FrozenCPU has one with a momentary switch that you actually press down to turn the PSU on. Once your loop is full, you just disconnect it and plug the 24 pin into your mobo. That's an option, at least.
Old October 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

*fingers crossed for today* :D

Yeah I have a phobya 24 pin bridge. I am scared I will electrocute myself with a bare wire used as a bridge(like a paper clip). I've only ever been shocked in my sleep and it wasn't fun so I couldn't imagine what the real deal would feel like :P.
Old October 31, 2012, 10:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I have used the paperclip in the 24 pin and use a powerbar with switch when filling and can cycle it as you fill,power up ,power off,fill -repeat
works well
Old November 1, 2012, 06:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I could not be happier with the work Dwood as done. He has proven that he goes above and beyond to satisfy his customers. I didn't even ask for dual layers with color I just said I liked the work he did on a previous one I seen which was dual layer/color.

Here is the finished product. I can't wait to get them they are the final finishing touches to this build! Makes me drooooool.

now don't be jealous boys and girls :)

Last edited by Pabz0r545; November 1, 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old November 2, 2012, 05:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ok got one of my packages of MDPC yesterday. Going to possibly hit the road today and pick up a PSU and some wire. THe roads are crap and I will have to drive cross city. Anyways I sleeved up my save my wallet tool and did a couple Sata Data cables and 4 pin fan extension cables for practice. I tried to depin some of my AX750 and it was not happening. Felt impossible.

I ordered with the wifes paypal so Nils put her name on my package/tool. Overall I am happy with my Ashley Edition tool :D It reminds me of my beautiful wife who I love very much who hasn't cut my balls off yet for spending all this money. :D

I'm very happy with this color choice. It matches my motherboard perfectly but the yellow MDPC outshines the Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow. I might add more dye to the loop to get more concentrated color in there.
Old November 2, 2012, 07:15 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice sleeving pics Pabz0r545
like the removal tool sleeve
Old November 2, 2012, 06:49 PM
Top Prospect

Love the colour scheme and step by step! Can't wait to see the finished build
Old November 4, 2012, 04:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I made a tad bit more progress yesterday. :) Sleeved up the front panel connector, at least what I could of it an did the power cable. I ran out of heatshrink so I will have to order some from Dazmode.

I put extensions on all of the 2 pin connectors. They weren't long enough for my liking.

I scrapped the SD card because I accidentally cut on eof the wires thinking I was a pro with scissors. I also brutalized this connector so I decided to remove that cable completely for now. If I ever sell this thing I will set it up proper.