Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
XNine's Avatar
Manufacturer Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 167
Default

You've got some killer parts going in. Those fan blades look pretty funky, too.
I <3 Monsoon fittings. They're so slick! I have Black Chrome and Gold fittings in my build.

Keep up the good work!
__________________
CaseLabs Media Machinist
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,490

My System Specs

Default

What's the t junction on the bag in front of the fittings?
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
Pabz0r545's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,301

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
You've got some killer parts going in. Those fan blades look pretty funky, too.
I <3 Monsoon fittings. They're so slick! I have Black Chrome and Gold fittings in my build.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks XNine! I hope you mean funky in a good way. :p I agree they are very sleek and imo VERY fairly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
What's the t junction on the bag in front of the fittings?
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

THis one? It's the 90 degree angled fitting just recently released by Monsoon. You can see it pictured on the box it is sitting in front. Those little discs are just accent disks so you can make it look cool by matching it with the actual monsoon fitting itself. I am going for the stealth look here so I went with all matte black. I really want those few yellow bits to really pop.

__________________
I'm a damn hoarder lol.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,490

My System Specs

Default

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, I'm talking about this part here... looks like a t junction of some form to me but maybe that's just the way I'm looking at it.....

__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:14 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,079

My System Specs

Default

Check the pictures here, it becomes clearer: Monsoon 90░ Rotary Angle Adapter - 1/2" OD - Matte Black (MON-RO-90-12-MB) - FrozenCPU.com
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
Pabz0r545's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,301

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, I'm talking about this part here... looks like a t junction of some form to me but maybe that's just the way I'm looking at it.....

Yeah it kind of looks like a t junction but that's just due to my horrible photo. If you look at it on the box maybe you can picture it.

Here I took a better couple pictures for ya. This is with the accent disk installed. Without it there is just a little recess for it to sit perfectly. They come with some double sided tape.



__________________
I'm a damn hoarder lol.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:28 PM
XNine's Avatar
Manufacturer Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Thanks XNine! I hope you mean funky in a good way. :p I agree they are very sleek and imo VERY fairly priced.
I meant funky as in... Funky, lol. The little wavy part of the fan is just so odd to me. I haven't seen those in a build before. But hey, if they work, they work!

And yus, Monsoon's are priced very well. And you get a free wrench!
__________________
CaseLabs Media Machinist
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:39 PM
XNine's Avatar
Manufacturer Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 167
Default

We had HELMETS?! What the hell....! Nobody tells me nuthin!
__________________
CaseLabs Media Machinist
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
Pabz0r545's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,301

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
I meant funky as in... Funky, lol. The little wavy part of the fan is just so odd to me. I haven't seen those in a build before. But hey, if they work, they work!

And yus, Monsoon's are priced very well. And you get a free wrench!
Hehe ok. I do agree they are oddly shaped but when turned on you can't tell the difference. :D I've never seen em in a build either which is why I chose them along with the Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow. I just really wanted something different then the blue or rog theme which so many people have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
We had HELMETS?! What the hell....! Nobody tells me nuthin!
ummm..
__________________
I'm a damn hoarder lol.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old October 16, 2012, 04:08 PM
sswilson's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 14,490

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Yeah it kind of looks like a t junction but that's just due to my horrible photo. If you look at it on the box maybe you can picture it.

Here I took a better couple pictures for ya. This is with the accent disk installed. Without it there is just a little recess for it to sit perfectly. They come with some double sided tape.



Perfect, I was just looking at it wrong. Amazing looking kit!!!
__________________
MSI Z87I Gaming AC / i5 4670K / 2X 4G Gskill 1866 DDR3 / XFX XTR 750 / EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB / Intel DC S3700 200G / random 160G Sata HDD
Inwin 904 / Swiftech MCP655-b / Alphacool NexXxos XT45 120 Rad / 2X Scythe GT AP-15 / EK Supreme HF / Dell UltraSharp U2412M

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Story Behind our Rescue Dog(Very Sad) Soullessone21 Off Topic 4 February 22, 2012 02:36 AM
Very sad story crazyhorsejohnny Off Topic 2 September 25, 2011 09:37 PM
My O/C story matsta31 Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 8 July 6, 2008 06:07 AM
success story rma Off Topic 6 May 2, 2008 07:54 AM
Shocking story... SHaCK Off Topic 3 March 27, 2007 05:56 PM