Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2012, 06:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
Sweet looking rig there, but how can you stand to have such nice insides without a case window to enjoy it?!?
Heh... I can always remove the side to view if I wish, and the bay res has a little window I can peek through. :)

Think of it like a sleeper car, pretty quiet on the outside, but tweaked a little inside, :)

As far as the temps go, yeah I'm really happy with the GPU temps, and being an older block on a fairly hot proc I wasn't expecting miracles from a 240 rad loop with both a proc and a fairly hot GPU. The OC on the chip is also running on auto volts just for quick stress testing. I'm sure I'll be able to drop the voltage down a peg or two and bring those temps back in line. (reading around 32c idle IIRC).

Once I get stuff dialed in, I'll wrestle the beast upstairs into some slightly better lighting for my completed project pics. As usual, nothing fancy, but hopefully enough to convince folks that If I can do it, they certainly can too.

edit: Once you've got the case side back on, it helps temps a hell of a lot if you have the aft fan pointing in the right direction to exhaust rather than drawing air in..... ;)

That said, now that I've got it facing correctly (dunno how that happened..... :) ) those GTs move an awful lot of air considering they're only running at aprox 1850 rpm.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Last edited by sswilson; October 26, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old October 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, the pics didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted, but I'm thinking that it's the mount on the cheap tripod I recently picked up (the mount isn't as stable/secure as it should be so some of the images are blurry) so there's not much I can do about it until I get a new tripod.

I've already posted a pic of the case front with the door on, but (and I wish this was a better pic) I'm actually leaning towards leaving the door off.

The back panel wiring isn't something I'll be displaying as art, but it's secure and (IMO) neat enough for government work. (Or more specifically, for something that's not going to be seen.... :) ). I'm quite pleased with the way the loop turned out.

This is perhaps a slightly better view of the front panel "column" when the door is left off. On the right, just forward of fan you can make sata data and power connectors which is my solution to not being able to install an ODD in the top slot. If I want to use an internal ODD it's a simple matter of removing the top grill and connecting the drive up which then rests fine on the forward bay (that's the toshiba drive I took out of my laptop being used as the data drive for this PC... ;) ).

On the off chance that anybody else ends up scratching their heads over the vague manual description of how to swap the door hinges (or to remove the door all together) in the second picture you can see the tab that needs to be released in order to be able to remove the hinge lock. It's pretty simple once you get a good look at how it works, but took me a little while to figure out how to do it without using too much force. :)

Only one thing left to do and that's to find some kind of black back to cover the unused PSU cables with. They fit quite nicely into the lower 3.5" bay (I flipped the lower rail upside down to give me just a bit more room), but they still look a bit messy and I'd like to get something that they can be covered up with.

Well, that's it for the pics, I'll post up dialed in OC temps and my general impressions of the case in a day or so. Thanks for looking!

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 3, 2012, 09:40 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Oh how i want to do a custom loop one day. For now my H100 will do i guess. Looking good tho man!
Old December 4, 2012, 03:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks, glad you liked it, it's still chugging along well.

With the performance of AIOs these days custom loops are almost as much about the look as they are about the possible performance gains when you're dealing with just a CPU, but once you throw a GPU into the mix (this was my first WC'd card) it harkens back to the heady days of custom WC loops ruling the roost.