Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2012, 03:14 AM
Rookie

Default please help me with corsair case fan

Hi everyone

please i need your help.

i was watching on www.youtube.com, about the corsair case fan,from (linus tech tips)for 2 kinds of corsair case fan

AF,SP

i bought corsair 120mm AF quiet edition and put it as side of the case,it is not so quiet,i am not saying it is so noisy,but it should be quieter than that.

when i turn the pc on,the fan from corsair is the loudest fan,because when the pc was on i unplug the corsair fan,than the noise gone,i tried to plug the fan on again ,than the noise come back again.

the case i have is from (gigabyte),midi case.

this case come with 3 x120mm fan(2 in the front,and one in the top) those fan are audible,you cannot hear them,because they slow fan,you can barely feel any air coming out from the case.

i am going to buy 3 other fans to replace them with a quietest fan with very low DB.

please can you tell me why the corsair fan i bought AF120mm,is that noisy,as i said before,please it is not so noisy but should be quieter than that?

what the other 3 X fans 120mm,i should buy to replace the 3 X fans i got with the case,please the quietest fan ever,with (very low decible) .

i hope to hear from you very

my kindest regards
habs2habs
Old August 26, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hi habs2habs. I have never heard the corsair AF quiet edition before so I cannot speak on those. However I will tell you this. The airflow will come at a cost. Noise. There is no way to have lots of airflow with absolute silence but there are some fans that definitely push a lot of air and are fairly quiet. Some fans you may want to look into are Gentle Typhoons AP 13, 14 or 15's, Noctua, and Gelid Wing. Bitfenix Spectre Pro's aren't bad either but are fairly pricey for their performance imo.

Hope this helps!
Old August 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have seen a few video reviews on the Corsair AP/SP fans and they are actually more quiet than the Gentle Typhoons and the BitFenix Spectres.

Tags
corsair fan af 120mm