Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2012, 12:53 PM
Rookie

Default Redoing my rig air to watercool

I am not sure this should go here, i am redoing my once water-cooled that i switched to air and am now going back to water-cooling.

I am not very good at doing the kind of case builds that i normally see here, would you like to see something from joe average? maybe even joe the butcher?:)

system is
Asus p9x79 deluxe
Msi 7970 Lightning
16 gigs ram, will have to look at brand when i strip it this weekend:)
Thermeltake Mozart Tx case.
Corsair tx750 psu

Water cooling stuff i am doing
Heatkiller 3.0 cpu
Heatkiller SB and VRM blocks
EKWB 7970 ltg gpu
XSPC dualbay res with my old 655-b pump
Primochill 1/2 x 3/4 uv red tubing
swifttech mcr 240 rad
coolermaster 240 rad, my old one.

i have reached the end of my budget so no fancy cable sleeving, might revisit that at a later date

i really do want to try to do a nice job on this one, but have never had a good head for crafting, i am an auto mechanic by trade, when i need house repair that needs to look good i have friends that i trade fixing there cars for fixing my house:)

i need to re size some of the pics i have now down a bit, whats a good res for including in the forums?

So, should i post it here? or just the completed case in the picture gallery forum?
Old August 7, 2012, 01:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

We're always interested in WIP stuff. You might even get a few suggestions you find useful.

I usually post 800x600 or 1024x768 images.
Old August 7, 2012, 01:22 PM
Rookie

What the case looks like now, minus the nvidia 680.

Some parts.

Only thing i am really waiting on now is fittings.
Old August 7, 2012, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'd post here in this thread since it is a Build log

nice lookin pile of bits (except the EK block but I understand it is a lightning card) it should be a interesting build with the mozart case ..
Old August 7, 2012, 02:31 PM
Rookie

will not be much of a build log though, plan on finishing this weekend:)
Ya, shame about the ek, was a crazy price, shipping was worse, and then had duty and taxes when it got to the door...

I am thinking of not using the sb and vrm blocks as well, reviews i have read say they tilt at the slightest amount of hose tension, and i have read a lot that there not needed anyways, i am not planing any huge overclocks, this is more for silent and i just like messing with this stuff.

i ordered some small heat sinks for the bits that will be left not cooled with the blocks installed, but still a toss up on using them. thoughts?
Old August 9, 2012, 02:38 PM
Rookie

No opinions on the sb and vrm blocks?

i think i will just leave them off and put them up for sale.
Old August 9, 2012, 03:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Looks good so far. Why did you decide to go with the Corsair fans?
Old August 9, 2012, 04:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteOwl View Post
No opinions on the sb and vrm blocks?

i think i will just leave them off and put them up for sale.
These days they're mostly about the bling and not about getting higher clocks, so if you're concerned about them staying level then don't bother.

As far as posting a worklog goes, we can't all make rigs like lowfat so it's important for folks to see that mere mortals can do stuff too.... :)

Hell, my builds are usually more red green than anything else and I'm not too proud to put them up. :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Is the mozart something you've had for a while or is it something new to you? I looked long and hard at that case back in the day when I wanted two PCs up and running when I was gaming (single core proc didn't like being asked to muti-task media no matter how high the OC was... ;) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 9, 2012, 08:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm diggin that case
throw the sb and vrm blocks on
no guts no glory
Old August 10, 2012, 05:28 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
Looks good so far. Why did you decide to go with the Corsair fans?
To be honest, i liked the look of them:) and after that i started to read reviews and they looked like they worked as good as they looked. and i was getting something else from ncix and saw they where $5 off for the twin pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
These days they're mostly about the bling and not about getting higher clocks, so if you're concerned about them staying level then don't bother.

As far as posting a worklog goes, we can't all make rigs like lowfat so it's important for folks to see that mere mortals can do stuff too.... :)

Hell, my builds are usually more red green than anything else and I'm not too proud to put them up. :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Is the mozart something you've had for a while or is it something new to you? I looked long and hard at that case back in the day when I wanted two PCs up and running when I was gaming (single core proc didn't like being asked to muti-task media no matter how high the OC was... ;) ).
Thanks for the encouragement:)

i have had the mozart for over 2 years now, maybe closer to 4. i saw a review of one long after it stopped production and had to have it! one was for sale by a forum member here but was in ottawa, i am in toronto. i was still going to drive there to get it, i wanted it that bad and i could not find it new anywhere.

i stopped by my local canadacomputers and they found it at one of there remote locations, so i had it transferred to my store and avoided the drive and shipping costs:)

i have done at least 2 major component upgrades with it, normally i would have bought a new case by now but i still love this one.

edit: found the for sale thread, have had it for 2.5 years, my sense of time has never been very good:)

Last edited by NiteOwl; August 10, 2012 at 05:35 AM.