Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
Rookie

So finally got all my parts, and started to re do it yesterday.

Every thing installed pretty smoothly, my hands shake a lot more these days then i remember, noticed this while putting the thermal pads on the gpu ram, i would say that was the longest part of this so far:)

I normally don't test for leaks and assume every thing will be just fine! but this time i did, and guess what, a leak:)

The old cooler master rad would leak between the fitting and the rad no matter what i tried, even tried Teflon tape, still leaked. so drained the system and just removed it from the loop for now, thats why the weird bend in the lower rads outlet tube, i will get another swifttech and try again.

i butchered up the finish on the fittings trying to tighten it more:(

The leaking rad.

And the rest with the rad now out of the loop. I will be redoing my messy wiring when i get a replacement rad:)

Old August 14, 2012, 08:23 PM
Top Prospect

Looks good man, With some cable management it could look even better!
Old August 15, 2012, 12:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukka View Post
Looks good man, With some cable management it could look even better!

Could not agree more, that is one of the drawbacks of a big tall case, every normal sized cable that comes with anything you buy needs to be replaced, so i need to start looking at extended sata cables, and i need to find an extension for the usb cable for the multi io thats in the 3.5 floppy bay.

will try do that when i get a new rad, although i am not sure i need another rad, temperatures have been amazing, especially with the gpu, with the stock cooling i had to keep my case door open at all times or it would over heat. idle used to be 50c and up to 70c while gaming, its now idle 39c with a high of 48 so far while gaming.
Old August 16, 2012, 12:09 AM
Top Prospect

Oooh yeah i didn't even think about that. Hopefully you can find what you need :)