Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks jibz. Your white Raven build was one of the inspirations for the Craven. I loved the white, which led me to start thinking about other colours than black.

I'm sitting here typing this on the Craven. I just signed the deal selling our townhouse, so all mods and computer work are now halted until we move in November. It will sit (and game too of course) as it is for a few weeks.
Old September 27, 2012, 09:37 PM
MVP

Congrats and have a smooth move.

Nice to hear the Craven is running fine.
Old September 27, 2012, 09:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Oh man, moving that thing is going to be rough. I think mine is around 65lbs with coolant in it.
Old September 28, 2012, 12:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Now you've intrigued me. I think it's around 50 lbs (same as a box of nails in the hardware store) but I'll bring a scale downstairs and see what it actually is.
Old March 27, 2013, 09:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's alive! Since my last update I decided to change over to an Ivy Bridge build as I only run a single GPU and the extra cores weren't being used much.

I got my Monsoon fittings in yesterday, and my HK GPU block should be on the truck tomorrow. I just changed over my Heatkiller 3.0 Vernickelt block from LGA2011 to LGA1155 brackets with only one gouge out of my thumb.

Unfortunately the case picked up a couple of nicks in the paint during my move, but I'm planning to reassemble the loop this weekend and then make a final decision on whether to repaint the case or change it out for something else. I'm awfully tired of running this 3770K on air, I want to twist it's tail and see what it's capable of.
Old March 28, 2013, 05:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I look forward to pics, my white raven has been in shambles for a month as a transition is underway that time doesn't allow for. I could use a little inspiration to clear and polish my Frankenstein to it's former glory.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Teaser shot of the blocks. I didn't realize how big these Monsoon elbows are, I can only put one on my CPU block at a time. I'll have to make a bend in my tubing run to the GPU block. Time to dig out the heat gun. Kind of wishing I'd changed to 3/8 ID fittings and tubing, but I've always used 1/2".

Old March 29, 2013, 08:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Beautiful block you have there sugarJ

does it come with a backplate?
Old March 29, 2013, 10:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Watercool does make backplates, but Daz doesn't have stock on them right now. HEATKILLER® GPU Backplate GTX 680

I think he only got a few of the GPU blocks as he's out of stock on them too now.

Hmm, I'm assuming you were talking about the GPU block.

I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to plumb the loop, but the alternator fried in my wife's Sante Fe so I might be spending the day dealing with that.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

yes the gpu block
they seem to be the Harley of blocks
cool styling

I managed to get two 45's on my gpu block but have limited rotation
they are super sexy fittings