Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

What color tubing do you have Sugar? Blue coolant definitely won't look nice with blank and copper.. White may go with it..
Good luck with it!
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old September 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I think mayhems has a copper looking coolant/dye they had. Not sure how well complete uniformity would look though.
Old September 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like the Cougar fans would match this build fairly well. Also ever consider using soft copper piping instead of regular tubing? It's a hell of a lot more work though

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old September 11, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Looks like the Cougar fans would match this build fairly well. Also ever consider using soft copper piping instead of regular tubing? It's a hell of a lot more work though
And I know exactly where to get a couple Cougar fans cheap... ;)

I was actually wondering if it would be feasible to put copper hardware in that build that's been flamed for the 'rainbow patina' effect.
Old September 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
What color tubing do you have Sugar? Blue coolant definitely won't look nice with blank and copper.. White may go with it..
Good luck with it!
Clear tubing. I like the look of coolant inside clear tubing and reservoirs rather than colored tubing, and there's more options. Because the case is orangish, the blue might make a good contrast because they are color negatives of each other. I'm thinking white will probably win out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
While hard tubing would be cool, it's beyond my time capability right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
And I know exactly where to get a couple Cougar fans cheap... ;)

I was actually wondering if it would be feasible to put copper hardware in that build that's been flamed for the 'rainbow patina' effect.
There shouldn't be any fans visible through the side panel. I'll put a Gentle Typhoon up top for exhaust and airflow over the VRM area while the Silverstone 180's are buried under the rad and not visible.

As for flame patina'd copper, that's a cool idea but it might be a bit much for this color of case. And again, beyond what time I've got to put in this bad boy right now.

I just realized I've got one week until Borderlands 2 launch. If my oldest boy gets home soon, I might get him to help drain my loop tonight and see if the mobo will fit.
Old September 14, 2012, 11:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So after the kids went to bed, I decided it was time to tear down the TJ-07.

A final shot before the guts come out of the Nemesis.

Oh Nemesis, we barely knew ye. Who am I kidding, that's been my case for close to 3 years now. Pulled the PSU out, took most of the guts out. What a huge mess on my desk! I don't have a worktable right now, my oldest son moved back in and took it over for his desk.

The mobo isn't in the TJ-07 anymore, where is it? Why, right here of course:

It fits! Damn it! I'm of two minds, really. I like the 3930K / R4E combo, but it's complete overkill for a single GPU system. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't fit, then I could sell it off and put the 2600K out of my wife's machine and a Z77 mobo in there as well as afford an upgrade to a new 680 or 7970. Well, it's in there now, so tomorrow I'll run the tubing and do some leak testing. I gotta drain the loop and clean my blocks and fittings first though.
Old September 15, 2012, 08:13 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

haha nice, my FT02 didnt appreciate the EATX format but its made to fit ( its more the sleeved 24 pin that actualy doesnt like it)
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-d...415_161007.jpg
Old September 15, 2012, 08:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice build Evochuck. Yeah, you'll see that my 24 pin is angled to the side rather than vertical. There's not a lot of room. I hooked up my SATA cables last night. I had to run the 90 degree connector to the motherboard as the straight connector didn't have enough room. Good thing I'm only planning on running 2 drives in here.
Old September 16, 2012, 11:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, Saturday was too busy for me to spend any time on this, but this morning my 3.5 year old son and I drained the old loop and cleaned the blocks. Then I started to reassemble, only to realize that the Detroit top I had on my D5 doesn't require an O-ring and the XSPC bay res/pump top combo does. . Order placed with Daz.

I did remount the Heatkiller 3.0, and put the GPU back in. I'm going to reverse the fittings on the GPU block, otherwise the hose will interfere with the power connection on my Phoebus.

The sharp-eyed may have noticed that the drive cage is out, and I just have a single drive with adapter. This is because I figured I'd have to move the res down a bay to make it easier to fill and drain.

And apparently I never sleeved the 8-pin connectors for my PSU. Sigh. Well, I was going to redo some sleeving anyways, this just adds to the list for when I get my sleeving stuff out of storage.

Edit: My oldest son just told me they have all kinds of o-rings for irrigation pumps at work. He's going to see if they have one that fits, then I might have a chance to have this back up and running for Borderlands 2 launch.
Old September 18, 2012, 06:30 AM
zeus3dfx

I love that FT-02.