Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I think you should. I would say because of your attention to detail and creativity that your builds rival a certain Mr Harwood's creations.
Old August 16, 2012, 01:47 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocking.ca View Post
I think you should. I would say because of your attention to detail and creativity that your builds rival a certain Mr Harwood's creations.
You speak blasphemy!

The stuff Charles has done to the MKII is just incredible. I will be buying one as soon as they are available.
MDPC 042 | murderbox MKII P1.01
Old August 16, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey Lowfat you ever consider doing lessons on sleeving? and on cable management?

There is lots you can learn from videos and the forum but I feel working with people in person makes for far better quality.

Your build expertise and sleeving are by far better then anyone I have seen in a long time, just thought I would throw that idea out there
Old August 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You speak blasphemy!

The stuff Charles has done to the MKII is just incredible. I will be buying one as soon as they are available.
MDPC 042 | murderbox MKII P1.01
I have seen the MKII and from what I have seen of your work the attention to detail is similar, especially with your sleeving. He is able to create those nice mods to the case because he has access to a Flow Jet.

With the right tools and knowledge and creativity there is no telling what you can create.

I'd like to find out where he got the chrome tubing for the water cooling. Anyways this is going

Maybe you could even providing your sleeving as a service. I know lots of people who would want that service and be willing to pay for it.
Old August 17, 2012, 08:40 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Hey Lowfat you ever consider doing lessons on sleeving? and on cable management?

There is lots you can learn from videos and the forum but I feel working with people in person makes for far better quality.

Your build expertise and sleeving are by far better then anyone I have seen in a long time, just thought I would throw that idea out there
Not really the teaching type.

The videos by Lutro0 are about as good as they get.
Old August 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Not really the teaching type.

The videos by Lutro0 are about as good as they get.
My Ass your not the teaching type, from what I've seen on here you got schooling us down to a art

When I get out that way I will start up courses like I did at my old job where N00B's and people who just want help building computers can swing by my place and we will have events to show people how to build systems, pick the right components,cable management, as well as high end stuff like open loop Water cooling and if some high and mighty has time sleeving :P

I will also start up my Volunteer groups again where I will need other people with spare time to swing by and we piece together and reload older/unused systems for Woman's Centers, Food/Job Banks and the like :)

Just think about it, it wouldn't be for a month or two :P
Old August 17, 2012, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

The sleeving on the water cooling tubes looks sick!

Myself being very new to the more custom side of pc building would love something like a class on water cooling maybe sleeving. I am still very confused at how to plan water cooling setups and would love to get into that once I have a stable job and the funds for it. I just don't know where to start learning. I have searched some stuff in the past and everything ive come up on just wasn't that great. The videos on sleeving by lutro are pretty good but something in person is just that much better. I would definitely volunteer for a good cause and learn some tricks on the way. I think that is a great idea!
Old August 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The number one thing to learn while sleeving is patience. The more time you take, the better it looks. As for watercooling, just ask here. There's lots of people with good knowledge here, and if you really get stuck there's some guys local to you that might be able to help out.
Old August 17, 2012, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect

Ah thanks sugarj I will ask for some help when the time comes.
Old August 18, 2012, 11:56 AM

My System Specs

If so just lurk around the bigger water cooling forums for a few months. Read all the threads, even the ones by all the n00bs. You'll catch on soon enough.

As for sleeving, it is mostly patience and practice. I've sleeved dozens of my systems now, and I still am finding better techniques for crimping and sleeving.

Tags
csq , ek water blocks , ekwb , grande bleu , haswell , lian li , mdpc-x , mod , pc-a77f , z9pe-d8 ws