Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2013, 07:20 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
The pictures is still very good. Of course a better light is a better light, yet still - amazing work. I sort of did not understand the components installed. From the top (CPU) it is - a PCIE SSD drive? SoundCard (THX logo)? Then graphic card with watercooling, got it... and the last one is the Infiniband card?

Looking on the last card I come to realize why the letters on the caps do disturb your design. The card is completely black! What do you do to the poor card, lowfat?!

As of the Classy 780 - sorry to hear about that. I quess you have a point with the expensive block... but I sort of hoped for comparing the overclock on air with overclock on watter :D Bummer!
I take it as that the pics of the caps on Classy is then out of the picture too, right?

PS. red sleewing? Looks like interesting combination. But it will fit with the red power button I see there :)
Yes it is Revodrive 3 240GB, X-Fi Titanium HD, GTX780, then the Mellanox ConnectX infiniband card. Soundcard has now been removed and it looks super goofy so I'll have to move the GPU to the top slot.

The Infiniband card (plus the top of the Revodrive) were coated w/ ProGrip. The Infiniband card is green and the Revodrive is brown. They didn't match.

As for the red sleeving it was just a pic upon request to show how they looked together. I don't ever do more than 2 colours in a system. As for the power button. It actually lights up gold . Going to have to figure out what to do w/ it and the POST lcd. Such annoying lights. The one thing I liked about the X79-UD3 I had before, no lights.
Old September 22, 2013, 07:09 PM

My System Specs

Spent the entire day working on the rig again today. Started off regarding the PCIe devices to make it look a bit better. Then spent the next 8 hours working on the tubing. Honestly didn't have to waste a single piece of tubing this time. Even checked my lines w/ my level app.

Old September 22, 2013, 09:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice pics as usual but too bad that the Classy didn't fit your build and here I was thinking of getting 2 of them. How much is it going to cost you to get the case powder coated?
Old September 22, 2013, 09:49 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice job!!! Clean nice straight lines!!

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Old September 23, 2013, 04:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Oh, my... this is almost insanely beautifull

Great design, lowfat! I admire your work. There are only one thing that does not match - and that is the too matt reservoar. Clear - as the blocks and tubing - it would be much nicer...

But one cannot want everything. But wait, what I see there?
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1..._MG_4228-1.jpg

There is air in the loop! :) Beware :)

On the sidenote - the red power button can sure be changed to a blue one. As for the led's on the mobo (presumably red too) - two ways. Either replace them for blue ones, or just desolder them completely.

Quote:
The Infiniband card (plus the top of the Revodrive) were coated w/ ProGrip.
Please explain. I searched for ProGrip and it turned out to some medical use, then better handlers on bikes, etc. Nothing that seems to be usable in computers. So, what do you use and how...? Because the results are kick-ass

Otherwise - go go go, lowfat!
Old September 23, 2013, 07:27 AM

My System Specs

Ya the loop isn't fully bled yet.

There will be more frosted acrylic in the final product. A whole lot more.

The ProGrip was discussed earlier in the thread. It is a plastic rubberized spray.

Powder coating won't be bad on this case. $100 ish. The Stacker will be around $250 I guess since it is 20+ pieces. This is like 4.
Old September 23, 2013, 12:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

very nice! I just checked out your 'forever alone' build as well... awesome work!
Old September 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Drooled at powder coating
Old September 27, 2013, 08:05 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
Nice pics as usual but too bad that the Classy didn't fit your build and here I was thinking of getting 2 of them. How much is it going to cost you to get the case powder coated?
You probably don't visit the folding sections but I have my reference card @ 1346MHz now. Who needs a Classified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
very nice! I just checked out your 'forever alone' build as well... awesome work!
Thanks. Forever Alone was a long time ago, I may actually resurrect that case in the coming months to do a good and proper job with it.
Old September 27, 2013, 08:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You probably don't visit the folding sections but I have my reference card @ 1346MHz now. Who needs a Classified.

Thanks. Forever Alone was a long time ago, I may actually resurrect that case in the coming months to do a good and proper job with it.
I know what you mean. I had same clock as you before the case mod began. I kinda wanted to get the classy and push it higher but I don't, and I believe you here, think that it's needed

Tags
csq , ek water blocks , ekwb , grande bleu , haswell , lian li , mdpc-x , mod , pc-a77f , z9pe-d8 ws